• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

i am NOT saying Orton isnt solid, i just dont want to go 5 and 11 with Orton, he's not as good as you think, Denver fans have been calling for him to be benched since week 13. he put up great stats with McDaniels, but he didnt win, i know he didnt have much help, but i worry that the McDaniels offense made him look better than he is. As for Young, i wouldnt mind having him for a ONE year tryout and if he sucks or is immature, let him go and replace him, but personally, i wouldnt care if we just kept Clausen and gamble that he improves, you never know, maybe if he gets that foot looked at he improves, maybe a year will fix him, you never know.

I wouldn't base my opinions on idiot fans that are incapable of deciphering what they watch on TV..

we have plenty of those on this forum, and plenty of those I could tell you to ignore as soon as they start typing..

Auburn didn't really need Cam to take over this game! Those of you who choose to use this game to determine whether or not Cam is the 1, need to remember that.

BUT this game showed his cons. First off, he ran WAY too many times and eventually fumbled. he threw too many high passes and his running didnt look that great either. those are many of the issues people like me have raised.

Auburn didn't really need Cam to take over this game! Those of you who choose to use this game to determine whether or not Cam is the 1, need to remember that.

A lot of people weren't sold on him prior to this game. His performance didn't do much to change anyone's mind.

The last two highlights where he was featured were a strip-fumble and getting stuffed on a weak effort at a sneak that may or may not have been intentional (doesn't matter much, honestly). Throw in the number of hits he took, and how many times he got up slowly, and it just wasn't much of a showcase. Definitely nothing close to what Andrew Luck showed in his bowl game performance.

Nick Fairley might have made a case for himself as a #1 pick tonight, but Cam Newton didn't.

I wouldn't base my opinions on idiot fans that are incapable of deciphering what they watch on TV..

we have plenty of those on this forum, and plenty of those I could tell you to ignore as soon as they start typing..

like i said, i dont mind Orton, i just dont want him here, sorry, and i know about the idiot fans, i have seen some and talked to them (like the ones who think Newton will light up the NFL in his rookie year)

A lot of people weren't sold on him prior to this game. His performance didn't do much to change anyone's mind.

The last two highlights where he was featured were a strip-fumble and getting stuffed on a weak effort at a sneak that may or may not have been intentional (doesn't matter much, honestly). Throw in the number of hits he took, and how many times he got up slowly, and it just wasn't much of a showcase. Definitely nothing close to what Andrew Luck showed in his bowl game performance.

Nick Fairley might have made a case for himself as a #1 pick tonight, but Cam Newton didn't.

Fairley also showed clearly why there are question marks about him though.

He seems the most likely pick right now, but I am a bit concerned with him at #1. I just don't have a better option right now.

Combine and interview could h elp his stock or hurt it. We'll see.

Congratulations Cam. You did it kid! Undefeated season, Heisman Trophy, National title. The haters keep doubting you Cam, I trust you're gonna continue to prove them wrong on the next level. Soak it up buddy, this is your moment. Tonight is your night!

yep, he could be great in the NFL, but unless he has a GREAT combine, it wont be as a Panther, this game showed more of his cons than his pros.

yep, he could be great in the NFL, but unless he has a GREAT combine, it wont be as a Panther, this game showed more of his cons than his pros.

I don't even think having a great combine would be enough. It'd also be necessary for Nick Fairley to have a horrible one.

If you watched the game and still believe Cam Newton is worthy of a first overall pick just check yourself into the mental hospital b/c you are retarded. Fairley, on the other hand played like a man possessed. I was skeptical of him going into this game, but after tonight I am convinced he could be the 1 pick. People talk about him being a dirty player but I kinda like that, especially in a DT.

I don't even think having a great combine would be enough. It'd also be necessary for Nick Fairley to have a horrible one.

Fairly had a great game but also showed some slack. Two plays specifically, the personal foul where he pushed James' helmet to the ground, and jumping offsides near the goal line, which isn't that huge but were here to nit pick right?

Archived