• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

If I were a scout, I'd be worried about the hits he's taking tonight, and the number of times I've seen him get up slowly.

He'll get hit way harder than that in the NFL.

THAT was my problem with Newton. All the Newton fans kept saying, wait, but i was worried about the running. i KNOW that if he runs 15 times a game like that, he will NOT be playing a full season.

uh, WHAT FA QB, there's only one that i really like and that MAY be Vince Young, honestly the others arent worth the money or the time. they will either draft Green and have a backup QB with starting experience (in case Clausen doesnt improve) or they go QB and quit on Clausen and cut him. and they COULD take Fairley, but i dont know if they get him because of the money they have to pay a defensive tackle.

not so sure you realize how good Orton is.. pretty sure you don't actually..

not so sure you realize how good Orton is.. pretty sure you don't actually..

I'd take Orton for a solid 2 years over any rookie QB coming out of this years draft...then maybe we can find our franchise's future somewhere between this draft and 2012's

I'd take Orton for a solid 2 years over any rookie QB coming out of this years draft...then maybe we can find our franchise's future somewhere between this draft and 2012's

yeah, and he's only 5 years in the league, so he's still young.. I think he will be perfectly fine until we can figure out a future QB.. and he's done well as it is, with Green, Gettis, Smitty and LaFell, Goodson, he should be very solid..

Orton's NOT a free agent, he got re-signed, HAVE to trade for him, i dont think you trade for him, he's just doesnt wow me at all.

yes, I realize that.. find out what they want.. he's really good, just because you aren't knowledgeable enough to know that doesn't mean it's a bad choice.. ;)

yes, I realize that.. find out what they want.. he's really good, just because you aren't knowledgeable enough to know that doesn't mean it's a bad choice.. ;)

they said 2nd round pick which Carolina doesnt have, they will have to likely give them a 3rd and something else, i still wouldnt do it, not when they could sign Young to a 2 year deal when he's released, personally, i would rather gamble though on the draft.

Anyways, Cam Newton NOW has to prove his worth, is he a winner or not? let's find out.

they said 2nd round pick which Carolina doesnt have, they will have to likely give them a 3rd and something else, i still wouldnt do it, not when they could sign Young to a 2 year deal when he's released, personally, i would rather gamble though on the draft.

Anyways, Cam Newton NOW has to prove his worth, is he a winner or not? let's find out.

so you'd rather go for flashy and fail than go for what is known as a very solid QB.. doesn't make sense to me.. waste a draft pick or get a pro bowl WR?

teams think outside the box all the time.. Just like all those fools that were yelling Denver wouldn't let Brandon Marshall go for less than 2 1st round picks ended up with egg on their face when he went for 2 2nd round picks..

we have a 2nd next year and I wouldn't be mad to hear we gave it to Denver for Orton..

and I have no idea why you would rather have Young than Orton.. I've raised my points, it's the smartest decision at this point..

so you'd rather go for flashy and fail than go for what is known as a very solid QB.. doesn't make sense to me.. waste a draft pick or get a pro bowl WR?

we have a 2nd next year and I wouldn't be mad to hear we gave it to Denver for Orton..and I have no idea why you would rather have Young than Orton.. I've raised my points, it's the smartest decision at this point..

i am NOT saying Orton isnt solid, i just dont want to go 5 and 11 with Orton, he's not as good as you think, Denver fans have been calling for him to be benched since week 13. he put up great stats with McDaniels, but he didnt win, i know he didnt have much help, but i worry that the McDaniels offense made him look better than he is. As for Young, i wouldnt mind having him for a ONE year tryout and if he sucks or is immature, let him go and replace him, but personally, i wouldnt care if we just kept Clausen and gamble that he improves, you never know, maybe if he gets that foot looked at he improves, maybe a year will fix him, you never know.

Archived