• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

In fairness, a lot of people didn't want him with the #1 pick even before this game.

I know that.

Just funny how either way this game is/was going to support the side who was either for or against it depending on how he played. When again, its just one game, in College, and really should make or break whether or not he can be successful in the NFL.

I dont think he's coming out, I believe he'll be back at Auburn next year. Cam is a special talent and will be great in the NFL, but it's going to take some time. The smartest thing he could do is go back to school and better his game. The NFL isnt going anywhere

I dont think he's coming out, I believe he'll be back at Auburn next year. Cam is a special talent and will be great in the NFL, but it's going to take some time. The smartest thing he could do is go back to school and better his game. The NFL isnt going anywhere

Newton is a like a blend of Vince Young and The Golden Calf of Bristol. That's a great thing if you're running a college team.

I wouldn't take that kid before the 3rd round. At that point, I'd decide if it was worth the time to try to make him a QB or just bite the bullet and move him to WR immediately.

Draft Green...pay whatever it takes to get a sweet FA QB. Give us a little excitement in 2011.

uh, WHAT FA QB, there's only one that i really like and that MAY be Vince Young, honestly the others arent worth the money or the time. they will either draft Green and have a backup QB with starting experience (in case Clausen doesnt improve) or they go QB and quit on Clausen and cut him. and they COULD take Fairley, but i dont know if they get him because of the money they have to pay a defensive tackle.

Newton is a like a blend of Vince Young and The Golden Calf of Bristol. That's a great thing if you're running a college team.

I wouldn't take that kid before the 3rd round. At that point, I'd decide if it was worth the time to try to make him a QB or just bite the bullet and move him to WR immediately.

I'd take him in the late 2nd or 3rd, but move him at WR? Would'nt make much sense to me. He's not really built like a WR, and he's very much capable of being a good to great NFL QB. It's just going to take some time. If he's going to come to the league now, he needs to go to a team with an already established QB and sit under him a few years; which is why I think he needs to go back to school one more year. Polish up his skills a bit.

Archived