• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

I admit I haven't watched alot of his games so I'm not as knowledgeable about him as alot of you are, but I don't see anything special. He just looks like another system college QB. I could be wrong but I'm not impressed.

But you seem to get what a minority dont see about this guy. He is a system QB with alot of misdirection plays. He can throw a good deep ball but he is no where near NFL ready.

it's funny how you guys try to penalize Cam for his guys being wide opened! Have you ever thought to think it's because Oregon is so concerned with Cam running the ball that they refuse to get out of there base formation? Oh and Cam has 1 int not 2, just like Luck had 1 int not 2. A almost int isn't registered on the stat sheet! You can argue that Cam's first half was just as good if not better than Luck's first half, and remember this is the same Oregon team that beat Luck and Stanford.

This guy is not an NFL QB.

Won't go that far, but I will be very disappointed if the Panthers take a reach with the number one pick and choose him.

Not number one overall at this point. Needs more seasoning and if he leaves college it may cost him now, rather than staying in for one more year.

it's funny how you guys try to penalize Cam for his guys being wide opened! Have you ever thought to think it's because Oregon is so concerned with Cam running the ball? Oh and Cam has 1 int not 2, just like Luck had 1 int not 2. A almost int isn't registered on the stat sheet. You can argue that Cam's first half was just as good as Luck's first half, and remember this team beat Stanford.

Luck's been making reads and tough throws all year, with worse wide receivers than what Auburn has got... hard to compare.

it's funny how you guys try to penalize Cam for his guys being wide opened! Have you ever thought to think it's because Oregon is so concerned with Cam running the ball? Oh and Cam has 1 int not 2, just like Luck had 1 int not 2. A almost int isn't registered on the stat sheet. You can argue that Cam's first half was just as good as Luck's first half, and remember this team beat Stanford.

You are right that a half is only a half. However, it's not about stats. It's not about who beat who. It's about what Newton does with the ball. Watch how quickly he stops looking for an open receiver and breaks off to run. It's... very quick. It is how the offense is designed, so I don't blame him, but that isn't going to translate to the NFL well. What I've bolded should really make you question if he should be a first round draft pick, considering what he will face in the NFL.

He, like Pryor, would make a bomb ass WR in the NFL...

Pryor wants so desperately to be an NFL QB that he is deliberately forcing himself to attempt to learn the position. Pryor is going back to OSU next year so he can prepare better. Pryor could have gone to Oregon and could be playing in this game, but he felt that Tressel would be the coach that would make his dream of being an NFL QB a reality.

I give him props... He might even be able to do it, but he's going to have to work damn hard this offseason and next year to prove to teams he's worth a draft pick. He still could.

anyway back to Newton, don't let Hurney know or we might end up with Cam newton after all...

He, like Pryor, would make a bomb ass WR in the NFL...

Probably so if they have hands. Both guys are great athletes with great size and great arms, but probably shouldn't play QB in the NFL. I think Newton has a better shot of making it as a QB than Pryor. I think Pryor will be drafted straight away as a WR.

It's not that I don't think he can be a good QB, he just needs more time. One year, no matter how good it is, is never a good measure for a QB entering the NFL. He should stay in school for at least one more year. I will also admit I am biased against any QB who spends most of his time in the shotgun in college. I think that is one way that coaches hide some QB flaws.

Archived