• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

I agree Cam is an elite talent. Never has there been a player that big,that fast,and that gifted. His arm is as strong as Almost anyone's in this class barring mallet. He' trucks linebackers crushes corners. Based on just talent i take him at 1 just because he is a rare talent. If you wait on another guy to come into the leauge with his skill and size you'd be waiting another 20-30 years.

Nope not really most guys his size and skills just play other positions.

Yes. I'm saying that we shouldn't overlook somebody like him in this draft. There is no longer an Andrew Luck. This guy is proven electricity, behind our line with 34, and 28 (hopefully), that would be scary. He's better than Freeman.

Skill and size. That's why I brought up Pep. Some guys couldn't get past the mention of Vick.

Confused by the Pep thing,but you are right on with how you view Cam and i couldn't agree more. No one else has the potential that Cam does. JR said he wants a face to the franchise. He clearly had QB in mind when he said this. If Cam does well tonight his stock will skyrocket watch....

No one is saying vick is the god of football. I was just saying he is faster and quicker than Cam. With that said I like Cam alot which is why he is my signature. And yes 9 times out of 10 a smaller guy is quicker than a larger guy. Ever watched a boxing match?? Tell me that the guys that box at heavy are as fast as the guys that box at middle.Comparing Cam's speed and quickness to vick's is like comparing Mike tyson(prime) to Floyd Mayweather.

I agree totally. :cheers2: Both Tyson and Mayweather would beat most fighters. As do elite NFL players.

Nope not really most guys his size and skills just play other positions.

Exactly,but your missing the skill part. His arm is elite. Those guys prob can't throw the way Cam does which is why they are not at QBs. So before you see another "passer" with his size and skill it would prob be another 20-30 years.

How would you know what the coaches are thinking or how their system is managed. He has mastered it judging by his numbers and success. Could he do better or master it more thoroughly. Of course he could. Your expectations that a quarterback should be able to master a system and be able to call audibles and make all the reads after 14 games in the system is ridiculous. You are setting a higher standard for him than anyone else because of some bias you possess. Similar to the way you watch a play and assume you know what the read is or what the quarterback is doing without seeing the playbook or watching game tape. You seem to making a lot of assumptions here lately while you ride your high horse waiting for a fall.

But then again I forgot. For you, this is a win- lose battle of wits to prove your intelligence and football knowledge rather than a forum to exchange ideas and explore ideas about our favorite football team.

I never said I expected him to master it. I'm not the one talking about the knowledge he has in the offense. YOU assumed he mastered it. I said that might not be the case. Do you see the difference?

You said: "He mastered two offenses in two years"

I said: "Maybe he didn't"

You think play on the field determines master of an offense?

Let me tell you a little story.

Back at USC, a receiver named Dwayne Jarrett put up some pretty amazing numbers and on field performances (like Cam only at a different position and not as amazing, but you get the idea). Said receiver becomes a Panther and there are rumors he can't learn the playbook and that's why he can't see the field. I happen to have the priveledge to talk to some people associated with him at USC and they said he couldn't learn the playbook there, they literally had to tell him every play "DJ, run straight for 15 yards then turn left" or "DJ, just get past your man and run straight then look for the ball."

I'm not saying this is the case with Cam but to assume that he has mastered the playbook because he put up great numbers is silly.

I agree Cam is an elite talent. Never has there been a player that big,that fast,and that gifted. His arm is as strong as Almost anyone's in this class barring mallet. He' trucks linebackers crushes corners. Based on just talent i take him at 1 just because he is a rare talent. If you wait on another guy to come into the leauge with his skill and size you'd be waiting another 20-30 years.

His skill as a QB is so raw it's insane. He really does rely on his natural ability to compete and at the NFL level that doesn't work. We would have to run a whole new system with all new personnel OR he'd have to learn to be a drop back passer. Either way it takes 3+ years to truly be ready to compete in either one of those scenarios. Too big of a risk/gamble at #1 overall.

Cam is nothing like Dwayne Jarrett. I just saw an interview with Cam's JUCO coach, and he said that Cam was the most competitive player he's ever coached.

I don't think we would have to worry about him working hard or picking up the system. Just look at his numbers at the start of the season compared to his last 5 games or so. He has the ability to learn and the passion to be the best.

Cam is nothing like Dwayne Jarrett. I just saw an interview with Cam's JUCO coach, and he said that Cam was the most competitive player he's ever coached.

I don't think we would have to worry about him working hard or picking up the system. Just look at his numbers at the start of the season compared to his last 5 games or so. He has the ability to learn and the passion to be the best.

I'm sure if you talked to Pete Carroll about DJ he'd say the same thing.

It wasn't so much a comparison between the two players but more so an example that on field success =/= playbook knowledge.

See, people who are Anti-Cam are just stating general things. "He is raw in the passing game" he has "character issues" (again, you're confusing that with AJ Guilty), and he "isn't a drop back passer". SHOW ME EVIDENCE! Truth claims mean nothing without backing. Show a play or two from espn or youtube. Break down everything. Hell, the game is coming on with an hour or so, we'll be able to see if your analysis is correct.

Truth claims =/= truth.

See, people who are Anti-Cam are just stating general things. "He is raw in the passing game" he has "character issues" (again, you're confusing that with AJ Guilty), and he "isn't a drop back passer". SHOW ME EVIDENCE! Truth claims mean nothing without backing. Show a play or two from espn or youtube. Break down everything. Hell, the game is coming on with an hour or so, we'll be able to see if your analysis is correct.

Truth claims =/= truth.

If you're talking about me I've broken down plenty of specific plays by him, there is even a whole thread on one play

Archived