• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

People are trying to force a Franchise QB into this draft.

There isn't one.

Accept it, and let's look to acquire a veteran to hold the line until we can nab our own Franchise guy.

I agree. That is what we will do.

Cam- people are sure drinking his Kool-Aid. Jamarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf at worst, Vince Young probably, Mike Vick I at best.

Mallett- 2 words scare me to death: SLOW DELIVERY. NFL defensive backs feed on that. Is he smart?

Gabbert- Has the tools, but not the resume. RUmored to be lazy. WHat is the missing link?

Locker- Fallen angel of the 2010 draft. HORRIBLE year. If you can't solve the Nebraska defense, you aren't throwing vs. the NFL defenses.

No QB in this draft will put us in a better position than Clausen will. I don't know why everyone thinks any rookie in this draft will show us any more than Clausen did this season. Clausen will already have a year under his belt and some chemistry with the team, which no rookie will have.

Unless there is Luck/Bradford/etc. type talent in the draft, you don't use a #1 over all on something less. Just b/c we were aiming at taking Luck doesn't mean we still need to use the pick on a QB.

If any one actually keeps up with how the Panthers draft, they tend to draft the best talent on the board at a position of need. When looking at the needs (QB,WR,DT,DB) the best over all talent on the board is Green. People may not be sold on him, but I believe he's the best over all talent at one of our need positions.

No QB in this draft will put us in a better position than Clausen will. I don't know why everyone thinks any rookie in this draft will show us any more than Clausen did this season. Clausen will already have a year under his belt and some chemistry with the team, which no rookie will have.

Unless there is Luck/Bradford/etc. type talent in the draft, you don't use a #1 over all on something less. Just b/c we were aiming at taking Luck doesn't mean we still need to use the pick on a QB.

If any one actually keeps up with how the Panthers draft, they tend to draft the best talent on the board at a position of need. When looking at the needs (QB,WR,DT,DB) the best over all talent on the board is Green. People may not be sold on him, but I believe he's the best over all talent at one of our need positions.

Clausen is worthless!!! :beatdeadhorse5:

If Newton is going to turn out as good as some of you think, shouldn't it be easy to trade out of the #1 pick and load up on picks? Other teams should be lining up to move up to take him right? Or maybe no one knows how a 1 year starter that has just as many runs as passes attempted this year in a super easy offense for the QB will project to the NFL. There are several legitimate questions about Newton and not just off the field ones. I'm not comfortable with Clausen as the guy either and really want a vet for competition and even bringing back Moore for a 2nd chance. I'd rather take the BPA, and that's not Newton (I think it's Green, only negative on him is he's thin, but he's basically the same size as Moss, hasn't stopped him from being pretty good).

Newton too risky for the #1 pick. Too many character questions. Also, does not play under center...3 yr project at best. running ability will only go so far....not as much in NFL.

Some of these things were said about Vick but with a great QB coach and head coach look what Vick has become. If he had a O line the guy would be truly great.

Newton may have a better arm if not equal :eek: Better size (6,6 260lbs), and be just as quick and elusive.

All of this "character" stuff doesn't win football games. Sometimes you need some mean, salty, and rude SOBs.

Don't compare this guy to anyone else. Look at the guy and why he may be the best player in the county, even over Andrew Luck. What more does he have to do for some of you?

I'm not a Cam guy, really don't watch college ball. Why wouldn't this guy garner a #1 pick and why wouldn't he start right away we ARE apparently going young anyway!?

At best he's Big Ben at worst Josh Freeman IMO.

If we "go after" a QB coach to be our OC we may be able to get something out of a Jimmy Clausen or Cam Newton. So why not?

If you don't watch college football and only look at highlights and what you hear form other people, your opinion of how good he can or can't be is irrelevant at best.

There are plenty of reasons why not but to discuss them you have to watch him play complete games not highlights.

Edit:

Comparing his quickness to Vick is insulting.

Archived