• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

I think Cam has a HUGE bust factor. That being said I think he is the best option available to suit our needs. Fairly would be a third rounder at best in any draft but this one. No first round O-line talent is apparent and certainly no over all 1st. Peterson went head to head with Newton and got his butt handed to him so drafting Peterson over Newton seems pretty silly to me when QB is a way bigger need. Besides our defense is waaaay better than our offence. There is no one worth the nuber one in this draft. I give Cam about a 90% chance of failing due to his character. However the 10% chance that he lives up to his physical ability is one we have no choice but to take.

BTW if we take Cam 1st I'll take reasonable bets that he holds out because he wants way more money than he is worth ala Jawalrus.

Why compare Cam to Young? VY was good at Texas but he was no Cam Newton.

I would have liked Cam to stay in school another year to mature a little, and no he has not declared yet, but he is expected to declare for the draft a day or so after the game from what I read.

I think he has the talent to go #1 but he may have to sit and learn for a year. The spread offense QB's basically have to learn the position all over.

Where did you read that Cam was gonna declare a day or 2 after the bcs title game? Could you post that? Thanks!

Where are the character questions? He made dumb mistakes as a freshman in college...who the hell hasn't? His work ethic and commitment to the game cannot be questioned (from earlier posts of interviews by coaches and teammates) and the investigation turned up nothing other than his dad being a typical broke parent who wants to make money off their kid.

Know who else didn't play under center in college? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Sam Bradford, just to name a few.

You people need to quit thinking like JR and start looking at the PLAYER. He has taken some snaps from under center (I've watched every Auburn game that was either on TV or ESPN3.com) this season, so he can handle a snap. Sure, he hasn't done it a lot, but I don't think that it will be a huge problem. Clausen is just an imbecile, hence his troubles handling snaps, pressure in the pocket, throwing the ball downfield, and holding on to the football to take a hit. Newton will be FINE as a pro. He has shown no reason why he won't.

Character issues? AJ Green was found guilty in his investigation, and most of you want him. However, you won't take Newton. Hypocrisy runs deep on this board.

I have been to college. I was never accused of having a stolen laptop...don't know anyone who was accused of having anything stolen. Don't think that is a typical college experience. Add the father stuff....doubt he would survive his next year of eligibility.

About Green...I have not posted about him...don't think we should take him.

Word is he is a project....not what we need...besides the other baggage/questions.

Newton has only played 12 games at Auburn and everyone is calling him #1 Pick worthy (or even top 10 worthy for that matter). To me that's not just a reach, that's walking over the river and through the woods, to Run 1st/Pass 2nd we go.

Yeah, but the "one year wonder" tag applies to several of the top guys.. Newton, Bowers, Fairley. It should definitely give you pause, but it shouldn't just for Newton.

Yeah, but the "one year wonder" tag applies to several of the top guys.. Newton, Bowers, Fairley. It should definitely give you pause, but it shouldn't just for Newton.

I think it should just for Newton. Only because he is a QB. The hardest position to judge in the draft. Locker (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) was clear cut number 1 last season, didn't declare and his stock fell. Newton's could do something similar if he decided to stay.

Archived