• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ufc 125

TheRealDeal

Everyone thought the main event would suck but it was one of the best fights ever.

People are going to have to stop doubting Edgar eventually. Dude comes to fight every time and this time came back from being knocked out to winning the next 4 rounds I thought (3 of 4 on judges scorecards) to get a split draw. Maynard couldn't take him down at all and Frankie managed a big slam and also took him down a lot. Pretty sick fight.

Leben got KTFO which made me sad, I like his style.

Can't stand the Diaz bros so I'm glad Nate lost. That "mean mug" he does every fight makes me laugh so hard. I want someone to go Thiago Silva on him and slap it right off his face.

Guida fights like a crackhead. It's amazing he never gasses out. He's putting together a nice streak hopefully he can take a step up.

Any other thoughts on the night's festivities?

I am really surprised the Edgar fight was a draw. Maynard beat the Hell out of him that first round, and I thought Edgar rebounded enough to warrant at least a split decision win. Either way, it was still a good fight.

I thought he won 2,3,4, & 5 but I could see 3 going to Maynard. I was pissed because of the immediate rematch. I wanted to see Pettis v Edgar because I really like the way Pettis fights (Those of you who don't know him, he's the kick off the cage guy). Now he'll have to wait and possibly fight someone before the title fight and that always brings in the risk of a loss and never actually getting that title shot.

He was never a HW title contender but he competed at HW despite being much smaller than everyone else. Everyone told him if he moved to LHW he would be unstoppable and he believed it. He's a head case. His stand up could be amazing but he lacks fire and heart, and got his face rearranged for it.

I think he needs to go to a new camp and train different stuff with different people. His MT is awesome but his ground game lacks as you saw on Saturday.

He was never a HW title contender but he competed at HW despite being much smaller than everyone else. Everyone told him if he moved to LHW he would be unstoppable and he believed it. He's a head case. His stand up could be amazing but he lacks fire and heart, and got his face rearranged for it.

I think he needs to go to a new camp and train different stuff with different people. His MT is awesome but his ground game lacks as you saw on Saturday.

Yes he was. Vera vs Sylvia @ UFC 77 if Vera won that he got a title shot.

I thought he won 2,3,4, & 5 but I could see 3 going to Maynard. I was pissed because of the immediate rematch. I wanted to see Pettis v Edgar because I really like the way Pettis fights (Those of you who don't know him, he's the kick off the cage guy). Now he'll have to wait and possibly fight someone before the title fight and that always brings in the risk of a loss and never actually getting that title shot.

That would be a great fight. However, I figured Dana would make Pettis fight a regular match in UFC before giving him a title shot.

I watched it and thought it was a good card. Brian Stann surprised me since I've never seen him fight before. I've never thought Leben was that good only this generations "Tank Abbott" if you will. Damn, and Wandy is getting called out by everyone now...Leben, Stann, and Sonnen have all asked to fight him.

Vera is done. He is just not that good. I'd be shocked if Dana doesnt cut him.

I'm not surprised the main event went the way it did. It deserved a draw. Props to Edgar for taking that ass whooping and surviving the 1st rd.

Laughed when Dong Kim, after beating Nate Diaz, asked for GSP.

Here was Alistar Overeems Dynamite fight over the weekend jump to the 3:20 part to see the fight.

I watched it and thought it was a good card. Brian Stann surprised me since I've never seen him fight before. I've never thought Leben was that good only this generations "Tank Abbott" if you will. Damn, and Wandy is getting called out by everyone now...Leben, Stann, and Sonnen have all asked to fight him.

Vera is done. He is just not that good. I'd be shocked if Dana doesnt cut him.

I'm not surprised the main event went the way it did. It deserved a draw. Props to Edgar for taking that ass whooping and surviving the 1st rd.

Laughed when Dong Kim, after beating Nate Diaz, asked for GSP.

Yeah I don't get why Wandy is getting called out by everyone either. I understand Sonnen because of the Brazil thing in the car but other than that who knows. Stann sure was impressive but I do think Leben will rebound and is better than he showed.

Vera will hopefully rework his camps and IF he gets released get a few wins under his belt and come back with a better mindset. I'm wondering if he could make 185.

Isn't the logical step up from Diaz GSP? Kim might be confused lol.

Archived