• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting 3 1/2 QBs in 2 years.

fitty76

that is a great question...I would like to see him start the first couple games next season to see if he progressed at all during the offseason...if they dont make any significant offseason signings, I dont think it matters who you put at QB (Luck or Clausen)

If you don't get another QB and he hasn't progressed then we will have another horrible season. We can draft a QB and continue to develop Clausen which would make the most sense. Building around a QB who hasn't shown the ability to be a good starter in the league is just stupid.

Zero. He gets a pre-season as the starter and the excuses for inexperience stop there.

I think this is the best way to go.

The only option we have for Clausen is to let him take a backup role for a while and see if he can slowly develop and one day get another chance.

Hopefully we have

1) Veteran QB

2) Luck

3) Clausen

as our projected QB depth chart going into next year.

Some will argue for Moore

I say Brian St. Pierre!

What the fug has Clausen done to think we can even build around him?

I agree to a point. But this season Davidson and Fox held back so much. That with Clausen being a rookie, I can only put 20% of the blame on him. I still blame the coaches way more than any one player for this turrible turrible season.

I agree to a point. But this season Davidson and Fox held back so much. That with Clausen being a rookie, I can only put 20% of the blame on him. I still blame the coaches way more than any one player for this turrible turrible season.

Clausen would do better in a WC offense than any other kind.

You give me a crappy QB and a Great OL. I'll beat your crappy OL and Great QB 9 times out of 10.

See Mark Rypien.

how many times has Big Ben been sacked over the past 2 years because of their shitty o-line? a billion. yet the Steelers remain winners.

I think maybe the Panthers might stick with Clausen. (Let's be honest Johnny Unitus couldn't do much with this offense). But now you are in a situation where you will be drafting yet another QB in 2 years. Why not develop Clausen and draft some defensive help.

Because clausen sucks and will never be anything more than a backup and those with a brain know it.

to all those who feel good sticking with clausen, please tell us why without reverting to "the oline sucks" or "the coaching sucks".

what has he done that makes you thihnk we should stick with what we have.

I would like 2 add out of all the QB's we had in this organization the only 1 still playing above avg. football is the one we drafted in the 1st round and if not for mental breakdown and drinking would have been our best QB. Can we please try and draft a 1st round QB again and not keep bargain hunting for the most important position on the field.

Archived