• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting 3 1/2 QBs in 2 years.

fitty76

I give the receivers a pass - they're rookies and they're only going to get better. The O-line is terrible though.

The kid has had no help yet he's taking all the blame. It's ridiculous.

I don't give Clausen all the blame, the offense as a whole is horrible. But twice today I saw Clausen miss an out route. Any starting QB should be able to throw that.

Also, after about 10-12 weeks into the season I personally stop giving rookies an excuse. I feel they have had enough time to stop making the same mistakes. That is just me tho.

I give the receivers a pass - they're rookies and they're only going to get better. The O-line is terrible though.

The kid has had no help yet he's taking all the blame. It's ridiculous.

The Oline has also been hurt by injuries. With the players that will come back next year and adding depht in FA and later in the draft. We should be good again on the Line. But Jimmy might not get any better.

You give me a crappy QB and a Great OL. I'll beat your crappy OL and Great QB 9 times out of 10.

See Mark Rypien.

I disagree. The crappy QB will miss wide open receivers when the line gives him time. The great QB will know he only has 2 seconds to get rid of the ball and throw it quick.

I just dont see how you can judge a qb off of one year with a bad group of receivers and a bad o-line...he made some nice throws and some bad ones, just like a rookie normally does

He constantly misses an out route. That isn't a rookie mistake.

I don't give Clausen all the blame, the offense as a whole is horrible. But twice today I saw Clausen miss an out route. Any starting QB should be able to throw that.

Also, after about 10-12 weeks into the season I personally stop giving rookies an excuse. I feel they have had enough time to stop making the same mistakes. That is just me tho.

Yep

When Clausen has time and an open WR he is iffy at best. He makes really bad throws that should be easy.

Amazing that he still gets the rookie pass for such terrible play

You give me a crappy QB and a Great OL. I'll beat your crappy OL and Great QB 9 times out of 10.

See Mark Rypien.

I was trying to think of an example of this going on in the league right now. The Bears have a crap O-line, but Cutler has been playing really well. The Bucs O-line is shaky at times, but Freeman has been really good. The Eagles O-line is going to get Vick killed, but he's in the MVP talk. The only really great O-line that comes to mind is NE, and well..they have a HOF QB too.

But I would love to see the Panthers use this thinking and take an O-lineman at #1 instead of Andrew Luck...yeah that would really cool.

I was trying to think of an example of this going on in the league right now. The Bears have a crap O-line, but Cutler has been playing really well. The Bucs O-line is shaky at times, but Freeman has been really good. The Eagles O-line is going to get Vick killed, but he's in the MVP talk. The only really great O-line that comes to mind is NE, and well..they have a HOF QB too.

But I would love to see the Panthers use this thinking and take an O-lineman at #1 instead of Andrew Luck...yeah that would really cool.

Cowboys of the 90's.

Top priority: QB

2nd: DE, OT

3rd: DT, LBer, OG, C

Once you have that strong core established then you start adding in the skill positions and playmakers.

Let your franchise QB make your WRs look better than they are.

Let your dominating OLine make your RBs look better than they are.

Let your elite DLine make your secondary look better than it is.

How to build a championship team according to me at least.

We could use some DE depth maybe, but Johnson and Hardy are fine.

DT is a bigger need than DE, and LB isn't much of a need at all.

Archived