• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting 3 1/2 QBs in 2 years.

fitty76

The problem with Clausen is that he was supposed to be developed. The guy has been getting expert coaching since he was a kid. The things he's missing can't be coached. He panics at the first sign of pressure even if the pocket is still holding up. His pocket presence is non existent, he runs right into pressure way too often. He's just not very accurate. He does make some good throws but is way off on too many easy throws.

Not 2 mention all the balls that get knock down or almost int by Dlinemen. Does anybody keep a stat on balls knock down by QB? Jimmy would be top 5 on that list.

I think maybe the Panthers might stick with Clausen. (Let's be honest Johnny Unitus couldn't do much with this offense). But now you are in a situation where you will be drafting yet another QB in 2 years. Why not develop Clausen and draft some defensive help.

Our defense was middle of the pack. Our offense was worst. Ignoring offense and drafting defense is just illogical.

On one of the sacks today he panicked after 2 seconds yes 2 seconds after the ball was snapped and all he had to do was step up. Matt Ryan did that all day and had a good day. The idea that ok to decent qb play will not take us far when the 3 other teams in the divison that have great to elite QB's. Jimmy's situation wasn't ideal but he had no falshes this year at all. Ints by rookies are underdstandable but when its a chronic problem most likely it ain't gonna be fixed.

It know it's boring, but it all starts upfront with the Offensive and Defensive line. You get studs in those two area you are good to go as a football team.

If you have a great offensive line but your QB sucks you aren't good to go.

Top priority: QB

2nd: DE, OT

3rd: DT, LBer, OG, C

Once you have that strong core established then you start adding in the skill positions and playmakers.

Let your franchise QB make your WRs look better than they are.

Let your dominating OLine make your RBs look better than they are.

Let your elite DLine make your secondary look better than it is.

How to build a championship team according to me at least.

Clausen made some quality throws today, but he also made some poor throws. He is a rookie, so that is what can be expected. There are a few problems that need to be addressed: OG and WR...Clausen threw some great passes (the 60 yd pass to LaFell), but the receivers flat out dropped them or made no effort to catch them. While Clausen has struggled, the receivers and o-line are terrible.

Clausen made some quality throws today, but he also made some poor throws. He is a rookie, so that is what can be expected. There are a few problems that need to be addressed: OG and WR...Clausen threw some great passes (the 60 yd pass to LaFell), but the receivers flat out dropped them or made no effort to catch them. While Clausen has struggled, the receivers and o-line are terrible.

I give the receivers a pass - they're rookies and they're only going to get better. The O-line is terrible though.

The kid has had no help yet he's taking all the blame. It's ridiculous.

Top priority: QB

2nd: DE, OT

3rd: DT, LBer, OG, C

Once you have that strong core established then you start adding in the skill positions and playmakers.

Let your franchise QB make your WRs look better than they are.

Let your dominating OLine make your RBs look better than they are.

Let your elite DLine make your secondary look better than it is.

How to build a championship team according to me at least.

I would put DT alone at 2nd and LB shouldn't be on the list at all. Plus with the money we have for FA. We can get a few Dt and a OG. I would draft a DT in the 3rd as well.

Archived