• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Time Home Buying

TheRealDeal

I guess I could have taken the extra step and went through the "What do you do" thread and just PMed someone myself huh?

It's Wednesday and I'm lazy and half my office is on vacation (I took mine last week like a dumbass) making me even more lazy. The Huddle better heat up today or I'm gonna lose it.

Not necessarily...

in the case of the SECU, they are more conservative in their loan packages than say a BB&T or others.

I did SECU, yes they are conservative. I checked around and no one could match 0 down with No mortgage insurance, 4.75% 2yr arm(never to exceed 7, can only go up one 1% at a time) My brother in law does mortgages and told me if you're a member and a first time home buyer it can't be matched. If you're a vet or live in the country there will be other options too.

I did SECU, yes they are conservative. I checked around and no one could match 0 down with No mortgage insurance, 4.75% 2yr arm(never to exceed 7, can only go up one 1% at a time) My brother in law does mortgages and told me if you're a member and a first time home buyer it can't be matched. If you're a vet or live in the country there will be other options too.

I should have prefaced it with ....ARMs they are good.

Fixed? Go elsewhere.

I hate ARMs. I like stability.

Archived