• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elite/Good/Game Manager(Decent)/Bad

TheRealDeal

McCoy has The Great White Hope in the backfield which takes a lot of pressure off him. SJax is a beast but isn't having the year that Hillis is. A lot more is on Bradford's shoulders and he's handling it well. I don't see McCoy having as high a ceiling as Sam.

They are both Game Managers but I see Bradford being able to be good

I won't pass judgment after 1 year each, but look at McCoy's situation: comes in as a 3rd round pick one one of the worst teams in the league. His leading receivers are a TE and RB. Whether that's on him I don't know, as I have only watched the Browns in the Panthers game (which I got a ticket driving to see)

I think McCoy has potential, I'd like to see what he can do next year.

The Real Deal got me thinking more about it with this thread but a couple nights ago i started thinking about the 1st overall pick and how franchise QB is the pick most organizations would love to have the opportunity to pick. I want to see the Orange Bowl to evaluate Luck more but i am on the bandwagon. We need a franchise QB, a face of the franchise to make people forget the stink of Delhomme and Clausen.

Matt is a game manager. Needs the running game to help him out, just like Eli. Please show me a game where Eli carried the team. Last week? He really carried them when the running game failed.

I'd also like to echo the point that Baschski made that just because you are paid like a Franchise QB doesn't mean you are one. That just proves my point that most people don't really focus on the play of the QBs and just choose names that can be readily identified and label them Franchise QBs. That is part of the reason I left that term out of my ratings. There are Franchise QBs that aren't even good (Eli) so that term is irrelevant. Calling Sanchez a Franchise QB is asinine because he is the weakest link of that team. If they had a good or elite QB, they would be unstoppable.

Matt is a game manager. Needs the running game to help him out, just like Eli. Please show me a game where Eli carried the team. Last week? He really carried them when the running game failed.

I'd also like to echo the point that Baschski made that just because you are paid like a Franchise QB doesn't mean you are one. That just proves my point that most people don't really focus on the play of the QBs and just choose names that can be readily identified and label them Franchise QBs. That is part of the reason I left that term out of my ratings. There are Franchise QBs that aren't even good (Eli) so that term is irrelevant. Calling Sanchez a Franchise QB is asinine because he is the weakest link of that team. If they had a good or elite QB, they would be unstoppable.

Haha... now your contradicting yourself! One minute you say when did Eli Carry a game (Or basically win a game). Then you talk about Sanchez and call him the weakest link when he has had how many game winning drives this year?? He may not be close to great (Even though this is his second year) but to call him the weakest link on the team???

All credibility lost on that one bro.

Haha... now your contradicting yourself! One minute you say when did Eli Carry a game (Or basically win a game). Then you talk about Sanchez and call him the weakest link when he has had how many game winning drives this year?? He may not be close to great (Even though this is his second year) but to call him the weakest link on the team???

What part of that team is weaker than QB play week in and week out?

Hell, Moore led a game winning drive but he isn't considered good right? I'm talking big picture not a drive or two.

You do know there is a difference between carrying a game and leading one drive don't you?

I thought I was going to get crucified for Eli. I did at first but now I think it's kinda split. We'll see how it turns out in the end of this thread.

No, you're right on Eli. The Chargers so reamed the Giants getting Phillip Rivers, a 1st, a 2nd and change for Manning jr. Too bad for the Bolts Sean Merriman turned to crap.

He lost all credibility when he put Eli and Matt Moore in the same catagory.:eek::eek::eek:

Archived