• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elite/Good/Game Manager(Decent)/Bad

TheRealDeal

I didn't want to make this a Clausen bashing thread because there are enough of those. Everyone knows his place in the league.

On to other topics.

Props to those that can see past the manning name and give respect to Schaub.

Cassell had a good year with the Pats, but let's be real, it is the Pats.

He then had a 1:1 TD:INT ratio his first year with the Chiefs so he came back to reality.

This year he is having in insane stat year but I'm not ready to put him in that Good category yet with guys like Schaub and Ben and so on. He has a great rushing attack and an underrated defense that helps him out. Also, you have to do it more than one year in my opinion. If he keeps it up, he'll be in that category in no time.

Alright, that's good enough for me. As long as you can keep an open mind on Cassel. I really think he is more on the good side than the game manager side IMHO. Also, agree with your point on Eli. Schaub is alot better than Eli. if you really want to see what his fans think of him, go to a Giants message board. if you didn't like Jake, you would hate Eli. He turns the ball over ALOT

Eli is somewhere between Game Manager and Good. It's tough to call anybody a "Game Manager" when they throw 24 picks. It's also equally tough to call them Good.

Your falling into the false definition of the word. QBs throw picks. It's part of managing a game. Elite QBs throw them, good QBs throw them, Bad QBs throw them. Being a game manager is more than just not throwing picks and not screwing up.

Cassel is also having a good year with the Chiefs this year. I don't think he's elite but he is certainly good. When he was out his team lost, so to place it on the system and the running backs imo is not fair to him. He is playing well.

I didn't place this year's success on the system but meant having one of the best rushing attacks and defenses helps you out a lot. Also, I want to see him do it for more than one year. Last year he was just okay, borderline bad. Many people were talking about him being replaced. I just want to see him do it more than once. He's borderline Good and Ben is borderline Elite.

If Luck turns out to be as good as Flacco I will be more than satisfied.

It's going to be interesting to watch those two and compare them. I think we have the better rushing attack but they have the better defense. They also have better weapons this year at receiver than they've had in the past. We have a couple young receivers that could blossom as well as SS if he's here.

It'll be interesting to watch if it happens.

My 2 cents on the quarterbacks of the NFL. My breakdown will be different

The distinctions will be BAD, Franchise, Has Been, Projects, and Passable.

NFCW

STL: Bradford plays and gets paid like a Franchise QB.

SEA:Hass needs to hang them up. He is a has been. Whitehurst is the league longest running PROJECT.

SF: Alex Smith should not have been taken 1st overall but he is passable.

Troy Smith is a project.

AZ: Anderson=BAD. Skelton and Hall are Projects.

Carroll and Whisenhunt should both be looking at QB soon but think they will both work with their PROJECTS till the seats warm up.

NFCN

CHI:Cutler is a franchise QB.

GB:Rodgers is the heir of the FAVRE so yeah he is a franchise qb.

MIN: Tavaris Jackson is passable. Brett is a HAS BEEN.

DET:Stafford is a franchise QB if he can stay healthy.

I agree Minny still needs a QB.

NFCE

DAL:Romo is a franchise QB. How that happened is anybodies guess.

WASH:McNabb is a has been. Grossman is a never was. See what i did there.

NYG:Eli is a franchise qb.

PHI:Vick has been and still is a franchise QB.

Shanahan needs to find Cutler V2. He will want a new QB.

NFCS

NO:Brees is the MAN. Franchise all the way.

ATL: Matty Ice is a Franchise QB.

TB: Tampa got their Franchise qb at the low price of a mid first.

CAR: LOL. I will admit Clausen's absolute ceiling is Passable. Right now he isa Project going BAD.

We need a QB. Would i give Clausen a year behind a passable has been to develop maybe but.. When everyone else in your conference has a franchise QB we might need one.

AFCW

SD: Rivers is franchise.

KC: Cassell is getting paid like a franchise qb and brought his team from last to playoffs.

OAK: Cambell is passable.

DEN: The Golden Calf of Bristol has the potential to be a franchise QB. I saw it before he got drafted. Whenever i told people that there was always someone that said "He may make it as a TE or FB."

Believe it or not i think the AFC West is a rare division that no members need to draft a QB too soon.

AFCN

BALT:Flacco is a franchise QB.

CIN:Palmer, TO, and 85 are all HAS BEENS.

CLE: McCoy is a project.

PITT: Big Ben wins championships. That makes you part of the upper echelon of FRANCHISE QB's.

Cincy needs to reload. Keep Palmer around as a mentor but they should be in the market.

AFCE

NE: Brady has a Justin Beiber haircut and bangs a supermodel. FRANCHISE.

NYJ:Sanchez is passable but is getting paid like a Franchise QB so..

MIA:Henne is a PROJECT. Honestly i would take him over Jimmy.

BUFF: Fitzpatrick is NOT a franchise QB. He is passable.

I think Miami wants to add some young running backs before a QB, and Buffalo needs to add some defense.

AFCS

INDY: Manning will one day be a has been, right now he is Franchise.

JAC: Garrard is Passable.

TEN: Tennessee thought they were getting a Franchise QB but they got young has been. VY will never be the BigMan on Campus in the NFL like he was at Texas. Collins is a has been.

HOU:Schaub is a franchise QB.

Tennessee needs to find a new QB. Jax could use a project.

My 2 cents on the quarterbacks of the NFL. My breakdown will be different

The distinctions will be BAD, Franchise, Has Been, Projects, and Passable.

NFCW

STL: Bradford plays and gets paid like a Franchise QB.

SEA:Hass needs to hang them up. He is a has been. Whitehurst is the league longest running PROJECT.

SF: Alex Smith should not have been taken 1st overall but he is passable.

Troy Smith is a project.

AZ: Anderson=BAD. Skelton and Hall are Projects.

Carroll and Whisenhunt should both be looking at QB soon but think they will both work with their PROJECTS till the seats warm up.

NFCN

CHI:Cutler is a franchise QB.

GB:Rodgers is the heir of the FAVRE so yeah he is a franchise qb.

MIN: Tavaris Jackson is passable. Brett is a HAS BEEN.

DET:Stafford is a franchise QB if he can stay healthy.

I agree Minny still needs a QB.

NFCE

DAL:Romo is a franchise QB. How that happened is anybodies guess.

WASH:McNabb is a has been. Grossman is a never was. See what i did there.

NYG:Eli is a franchise qb.

PHI:Vick has been and still is a franchise QB.

Shanahan needs to find Cutler V2. He will want a new QB.

NFCS

NO:Brees is the MAN. Franchise all the way.

ATL: Matty Ice is a Franchise QB.

TB: Tampa got their Franchise qb at the low price of a mid first.

CAR: LOL. I will admit Clausen's absolute ceiling is Passable. Right now he isa Project going BAD.

We need a QB. Would i give Clausen a year behind a passable has been to develop maybe but.. When everyone else in your conference has a franchise QB we might need one.

AFCW

SD: Rivers is franchise.

KC: Cassell is getting paid like a franchise qb and brought his team from last to playoffs.

OAK: Cambell is passable.

DEN: The Golden Calf of Bristol has the potential to be a franchise QB. I saw it before he got drafted. Whenever i told people that there was always someone that said "He may make it as a TE or FB."

Believe it or not i think the AFC West is a rare division that no members need to draft a QB too soon.

AFCN

BALT:Flacco is a franchise QB.

CIN:Palmer, TO, and 85 are all HAS BEENS.

CLE: McCoy is a project.

PITT: Big Ben wins championships. That makes you part of the upper echelon of FRANCHISE QB's.

Cincy needs to reload. Keep Palmer around as a mentor but they should be in the market.

AFCE

NE: Brady has a Justin Beiber haircut and bangs a supermodel. FRANCHISE.

NYJ:Sanchez is passable but is getting paid like a Franchise QB so..

MIA:Henne is a PROJECT. Honestly i would take him over Jimmy.

BUFF: Fitzpatrick is NOT a franchise QB. He is passable.

I think Miami wants to add some young running backs before a QB, and Buffalo needs to add some defense.

AFCS

INDY: Manning will one day be a has been, right now he is Franchise.

JAC: Garrard is Passable.

TEN: Tennessee thought they were getting a Franchise QB but they got young has been. VY will never be the BigMan on Campus in the NFL like he was at Texas. Collins is a has been.

HOU:Schaub is a franchise QB.

Tennessee needs to find a new QB. Jax could use a project.

Great breakdown.... I agree with pretty much all of this.

Archived