• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elite/Good/Game Manager(Decent)/Bad

TheRealDeal

To be fair I did say he needs to be on the field more to determine.

Continue to ignore the facts about Eli and let him live through his brother and father. Next you are going to tell me Cooper is legit too, he just has to be.

How many times are you going to let the Giants fall apart at the end of the season and not let Eli take some blame? How many picks did he have last week? How many for the year?

He was good when they had the #1 rushing attack and #3 defense. Now they are probably going to miss the playoffs since those two things have gone missing. Eli can't carry them.

Eli has been steadily improving his whole career. He throws a lot of picks, but has 30 TD's this year.

30 TDs and 24 Picks

Not exactly great numbers

Also, the year they won the SB he had 23 TD and 20 INT. That's also the only year he's won a playoff game.

You're right though he's more than just a game manager.

I don't have Big Ben as elite because a 3rd stringer who hasn't played in forever came in and got his team to 3 wins and 1 loss in his absence. Also, in his first SB win I think he only had something like 10 completions without a TD. That team was built to run and play D just like his current team.

Yeah, but a lot of people forget that even though Ben played poorly in that first super bowl, he played absolutely lights out in the playoff run leading up to it. 7 TD/1 INT, and something like 670 yards.

there aren't many QB's in the league that I'd rather have running a 2 minute offense. plus what makes him better is for the past few years he's been playing behind a TERRIBLE o-line yet still puts up great stats.

30 TDs and 24 Picks

Not exactly great numbers

Also, the year they won the SB he had 23 TD and 20 INT. That's also the only year he's won a playoff game.

You're right though he's more than just a game manager.

His #1 receiver was out for 1/3 of the season. Some of it is his receivers, Manningham is a poor route runner, and he's often throwing a lot due to poor ball control by RB's as well. He's not great, but he's definitely a good QB. I think Fitz is a good QB mentally but a bad QB skillswise. There are issues with a few other of your rankings IMO but thats what rankings are for, controversy and debate.

His #1 receiver was out for 1/3 of the season. Some of it is his receivers, Manningham is a poor route runner, and he's often throwing a lot due to poor ball control by RB's as well. He's not great, but he's definitely a good QB. I think Fitz is a good QB mentally but a bad QB skillswise. There are issues with a few other of your rankings IMO but thats what rankings are for, controversy and debate.

Yeah it's just something new to talk about. I didn't really put that much time into it. I'm still standing by my stance that Eli is nothing more than a game manager until he can prove otherwise. So far in his career he hasn't done that.

I didn't want to make this a Clausen bashing thread because there are enough of those. Everyone knows his place in the league.

On to other topics.

Props to those that can see past the manning name and give respect to Schaub.

Cassell had a good year with the Pats, but let's be real, it is the Pats.

He then had a 1:1 TD:INT ratio his first year with the Chiefs so he came back to reality.

This year he is having in insane stat year but I'm not ready to put him in that Good category yet with guys like Schaub and Ben and so on. He has a great rushing attack and an underrated defense that helps him out. Also, you have to do it more than one year in my opinion. If he keeps it up, he'll be in that category in no time.

Also Bradford and Mccoy, not sure how you can distinguish between the two of them, other than Mccoy has been injured more. But when he has played, he has looked as good as Bradford, maybe even slightly better.

Really?

I just think Bradford turning around the Rams and being a leader for them is impressive. I think he has the potential to be better based on his physical tools alone.

McCoy has The Great White Hope in the backfield which takes a lot of pressure off him. SJax is a beast but isn't having the year that Hillis is. A lot more is on Bradford's shoulders and he's handling it well. I don't see McCoy having as high a ceiling as Sam.

They are both Game Managers but I see Bradford being able to be good

Archived