• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elite/Good/Game Manager(Decent)/Bad

TheRealDeal

Lot of confusion between good QBs, elite QBs and game managers so I decided to make a list.

NFCW

STL: Bradford=Young Game manager, probably will be good

SEA:Hass=Bad

SF: A/T Smith=Bad

AZ: Anderson=Bad, Skelton=Bad w/ potential

3/4 should be looking for new QBs

NFCN

CHI:Cutler=Good

GB:Rodgers=Elite

MIN:Favre/Tarvaris=Bad

DET:Stafford=Good but needs to be on the field longer to determine

Minny needs to find a new QB fast

NFCE

DAL:Romo=Good

WASH:McNabb=Game Manager, Rexy=Game Manager

NYG:Eli=Game Manager

PHI:Vick=Elite

Washington needs a QB that Shanny likes and NYG should look to upgrade but the name won't allow them to

NFCS

NO:Brees=Elite

ATL:Ryan=Game Manager

TB:Freeman=Good

CAR:Clausen=Bad

We need a QB

AFCW

SD: Rivers=Elite

KC: Cassell=Game Manager

OAK: Cambell=Game Manager at best

DEN: The Golden Calf of Bristol=Game Manager with potential to be good

Oak needs a QB and I think Denver will too

AFCN

BALT:Flacco = Game Manager

CIN:Palmer = Good (had a down year but isn't finished)

CLE: McCoy=Game Manager at best

PITT: Big Ben=Good

Cle will need a new QB and I think Cincy will just because of the fan/media pressure but I think Palmer is still a good QB

AFCE

NE: Brady=Elite

NYJ:Sanchez = Game Manager with Good potential

MIA:Henne=Bad

BUFF:Fitz = Game Manager

Mia and Buff need new QBs

AFCS

INDY: Manning=Elite

JAC: Garrard= Game Manager

TEN:VY/Kerry=Game Manager

HOU:Schaub=Good

I'd say Ten gets a new QB soon and Jac as well

Carson Palmer is my homer pick...leave that one alone.

Ryan and Flacco are both products of having great run games to help them out. In those games where the run has been stopped, you've seen both those guys get exposed.

I don't have Big Ben as elite because a 3rd stringer who hasn't played in forever came in and got his team to 3 wins and 1 loss in his absence. Also, in his first SB win I think he only had something like 10 completions without a TD. That team was built to run and play D just like his current team.

Don't you think "Game Manager" is just a polite euphemism for "bad"? If a QB isn't good enough to carry the responsibility of his position they call him a "game manager"...

I don't. I think game manager is a word fans have been conditioned to hate because it's not "Franchise". There have been plenty of game managers that have had really successful careers and plenty of post season success.

Matt Cassell is a game manager that has led his team to a double digit win season and division title.

People apply the word Franchise to every QB's name that most people would recognize when that simply isn't the case, just like how they hear the word game manager and assume that means the QB is bad.

Eli is given way too much credit for what he does. When his rushing attack fell apart how did he fare the last couple games? Just because the guy has a SB ring on his finger doesn't mean he's an elite QB, everyone with half a brain knows that defensive line won that ring for him.

Archived