• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bad Math

Happy Panther

Some semi-famous mathematician/economist/professor posted a seemingly innocuous question on his blog.

puzzler.gif

http://www.thebigquestions.com/2010/12/22/a-big-answer-2/

The answer by any calculation is pretty easy to figure out if you are any good at math or statistics. I did it in excel just to be sure.

This guy however insists that the answer is something else completely and refuses to give it up. He is now betting anyone $15,000 that he is right.

the comments are pretty good.

if i had any cash i would take him up on this in a second.

Can anyone defend his position?

i figure as long as you understand wut i writ grammer is immaterial;;;

Its getting worse. I applied for a credit card with Wachovia a couple weeks ago and the guy sent me an email. Used to the word "do" where the appropriate word was "due". That's not bad, but its the most recent example I can think of.

Sometimes I really wonder about people and how they managed to get where they are now with such a lack of education.

That's ok, a guy I work with said on Monday that the roads were fine once he got on the main thoroughbred. :lol:

haha.

Reminds me of another one. Sales dude was emailing a co worker and was upset a set up was taking so long and he didn't want his team to look bad.

He goes, I feel like you guys are trying to make me the escape goat. WHA?

Another time, had a mgr send me this mega spreadsheet of my errors etc. It was an accuracy report and he of course misspells the word accuracy in the subject line and comes down on me for not paying attention to details.

I ping him and said can you come to my desk. He walks over and I just point to that word. I go, so about those details. He gets red faced and walks away.

Archived