• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just got engaged over the holidays

TheRealDeal

Don't get engaged.

Wait.

Dang.

Lol

prenup

:)

I don't think money will be an issue, her family is pretty loaded and she does okay financially and so do I.

Yeah um... been married for a long time and I'm not a fan. Just make absolutely sure she's the ONE. If you are not 110% sure of that don't get married.

If she is, then congrats and good luck... the only relationship advice I have is learn to compromise.

We both compromise pretty well.

The night we got engaged we did our business, then I went out with the guys with no nagging, then came home and got the business again.

You think that was a trap and it'll never happen again?

Being engaged is great! I have proposed to 6 different women in my life. Only went down the aisle once! You only get a lot of bad feeling when you break an engagement rather than a messy divorce. (Of course, your out the ring, if you break it off. Still cheaper than a wedding!)

I'm under the impression her parents are footing the bill for that

Lol

I don't think money will be an issue, her family is pretty loaded and she does okay financially and so do I.

We both compromise pretty well.

The night we got engaged we did our business, then I went out with the guys with no nagging, then came home and got the business again.

You think that was a trap and it'll never happen again?

Lots of things will never happen again ;)

Congrats. Show some interest in the planning phase and don't just go the whatever you want route. For me, I made a total blast out of the whole deal. When we registered I was cracking the whole crew up with what gifts we could get. From getting a spot for the ceremony to catering my own rehersal dinner etc, I just made it fun.

Most women see this in a total dif light then men. Think her bowl game and NFL playoffs together.

I can't say it enough. Just have fun during the whole process. It takes a real man to be married nowadays. Good luck

Congrats. Show some interest in the planning phase and don't just go the whatever you want route. For me, I made a total blast out of the whole deal. When we registered I was cracking the whole crew up with what gifts we could get. From getting a spot for the ceremony to catering my own rehersal dinner etc, I just made it fun.

Most women see this in a total dif light then men. Think her bowl game and NFL playoffs together.

I can't say it enough. Just have fun during the whole process. It takes a real man to be married nowadays. Good luck

I'm reminded of a quote from "Friends".

(ugh, can't believe I'm using that, but it's relevant)

Monica asks Ross how long he's been planning his wedding. He says for a month or so. She responds that his fiance' has probably been planning it since she was ten years old.

Setting aside the source, that's actually a good thing to remember.

Adding in my own advice, in wedding planning there are always people who get offended because they make it about them. It's really about the bride and Groom, so if someone imposes too much, don't feel bad telling them to go nuptial themselves.

Looking back on it years from now, you'll feel much better saying "well, (so and so) got mad, but we had the wedding we wanted" than you will saying "we didn't have the wedding we wanted, but at least no one got mad".

Archived