• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Lara Croft?

Mr. Scot

Caught a Yahoo story that said there's talk of another "Tomb Raider" being made, but this one without prior Croft portrayer Angelina Jolie. Internet rumors have suggested Megan Fox as a replacement, but there's no word from the studio.

Not that big a fan of Jolie myself. Much more into Megan Fox. And can't honestly say I sat through an entire showing of either 'Tomb Raider' flick. I haven;t even played the 'Tomb Raider' games all that much.

(essentially 'Pitfall' with a chick in shorts, based on what I've seen)

Buuuut I'd still say Jolie was to Lara Croft what Christopher Reeve was to Superman, the perfect casting. I don't think Megan Fox, or anyone else for that matter, can define that persona as well.

rhona mitra is equally perfect. she was the original lara croft when they first started having her show up at conventions and stuff. right now she's playing the girl in the new underworld movie.

she even has the real accent.

Exactly. Jolie's horrible attempt at it made me turn the first movie off in 10 minutes. That, and I can't stand her anyway nor did I really care for the games. But I love Rhona.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived