• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

North Carolina Panthers.

Wanderlai

I saw it, what a chump

sorry SC fans!!! How lame!

It's not the first time I've heard it, even the NFL Network's Rich Eisen said and "North Carolina sits in the 5th seed" but honestly, now he may have bee saying NFC North Carolina..talking about the 4th seed (NFC North leaders) and it just segued right into Carolina...

...Go panthers!

I live here in the more northern of the Carolinas, but I must say that I am very happy we're the CAROLINA Panthers. Personally, I feel this team is open to everybody that has a little pine tree and palmetto somewhere inside, or just loves good old-fashioned, classy football (as opposed to the brand they try to sell a ways south on 85). I don't care if you're from Washington state, Maine, Britain, heck even Dallas- if you love the Panthers, you're good people. However, if you live in either of the Carolinas and have a Starter jacket circa 1993 with a big blue star on it, I invite you to form a single file line at my doorstep, and if each of you could bring one shotgun shell with you, that would be lovely. 3" buck, if you please.

I don't think most people know how close Charlotte is to SC, unless they have been here. People are always surprised when I tell them I work in Charlotte, but live in SC.

People from all over the country call the two states Carolina. No kidding. I've travelled all over for work and people would say "You're from Carolina?" or "Where in Carolina do you live?". Then I'd have to explain. I wonder if people from Dakota have to deal with the same thing. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

As a Panther fan living in New Jersey, i can understand why some people think that the Jets and Giants are a New Jersey team. But in the same degree, so are the Eagles. New Jersey is a small state with a lot of people. It takes about 2 hours to drive from northern NJ to southern NJ. The Northern half is all within an hour of Manhattan. So anyone on the northern half is usually associated with the Giants or Jets. The stadium is also only a short drive through the Lincoln Tunnel outside of NYC.

Meanwhile all of SOuth Jersey are die hard Eagles fans because they all live within 1 hour of Philadelphia. There are a ton of NJ Eagles fans. So essentially NJ is a state stuck between 2 major US cities, and you can identify a variety of teams with this state if you so please, but they are still callled the New York Giants/Jets for a reason...

Archived