• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

North Carolina Panthers.

Wanderlai

Gruden thought the blue flag atop BOA stadium was for the local police....HAH. Truth is, as most of you know, we're called Carolina because Richardson is from NC but went to school at Wofford (hence training camp location). He and some others who were from SC helped to start the team. Could be why we played at Clemson (Clemens heh) the first year. Richardson is the majority owner but not the sole owner.

You could argue that it is NCs team because its in Charlotte, but its both states, just like the dakota incesters, they are in North Dako but they rep sout dako too!

As a displaced fan living in South Dakota, I gotta chuckle outta this

To me it's nothing worth getting mad over. Gruden might legitimately be ignorant to the fact that the team reps both states. It was just a smart business decision to include two states, thus expanding the market.

Not just "expanding" the market ... without SC included in the market, the NFL would never would have awarded the team in the region.

When we went to Houston for the Superbowl, we'd talk to a lot of locals when they saw us dressed in our Panthers stuff. One guy was said, so where in......uh - Carolina are you from. I just smiled and told him that we lived near Charlotte where the team plays (no need for me to be mean, just needed to educate him). When I mentioned Charlotte, he knew exactly where that was - he started talking about NASCAR. He couldn't believe that I didn't follow it.

Archived