• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Harris

fitty76

Have you watched any Bears games this year? I've seen a few and, as much as I love the guy as a player, he has not had a good year. One game-ending interception does not a great player make.

He did to Favre. He did it to Sanchez. That's two wins and the difference of making the playoffs (and all that extra money for his owners) or staying home (and making them nothing)

He was never brought in for his pass coverage. He's a great tackler and a professional who really has a nose for these types of plays when everything is on the line.

Our loss. Their gain.

We're even now Chicago.

He did to Favre. He did it to Sanchez. That's two wins and the difference of making the playoffs (and all that extra money for his owners) or staying home (and making them nothing)

He was never brought in for his pass coverage. He's a great tackler and a professional who really has a nose for these types of plays when everything is on the line.

Our loss. Their gain.

We're even now Chicago.

I'm aware, and still not sold. Way too many other missed tackles and blown coverages. Again, have you watched any of their games this year? Based on the games I've seen (all of the Carolina and 5 or 6 of the Bears), Godfrey's speed gives him an edge in coverage, Godfrey has been the better tackler this year, they both have 5 picks (Harris may have a game-icer, but what Panthers games have there been to ice?), and Godfrey has 1 forced fumble to Harris' 0. One could makes an argument about leadership, but with Beason on the field Harris' role was secondary at best, and even with Harris there everyone still whined about the secondary play last year too.

Godfrey takes a lot of heat on this board, but a good amount of it is misdirected - he's not nearly as bad as people seem to think. While I really do like Harris the player, it was not a bad trade.

Harris is the same player he was here. Piss poor in coverage, misses a ton of tackles, but lays a few guys out and makes a few turnovers. He is the epitome of a highlight player, where fans get confused about how good he really is.

That said, I would have preferred a draft pick for him... Even if Williams played well we would have had to re-sign him straight away based off one years production.

Not a great trade, but do not fool yourself into thinking Harris is a difference maker back there. Great professional, not a great player.

I wouldn't say he's "piss poor in coverage." I'd say he's slow and gets beaten in coverage more than most due to that. Regardless, he is a smart football player and knows the Bears scheme very well. 5 INTs in the last 8 games. 2 (I think) to seal a Bears win in the closing minutes.

Archived