• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone have a read on Cris Canty DE from Dallas

Dirtyphill411

I watched a couple of Dallas games and though he is a 3-4 DE he might not be a cheap DE vet- still young at 27 I think? good size 6-7 +/-285

Ohh wait Rosenhaus is his agent- forget it

I thought he played well in the games I saw and might have a large chip on shoulder cause often he was taking blockers for Ware to get sacks...

thoughts? am I crazy or can a 3-4 DE translate into our system?

Knee and Eye issues in the past. Good character, really stand up guy and he was going to be a surefire pick. He's a Brayton type end, he'll rush the passer, but we need a more balanced to burner type end like an Allen, Suggs or Abraham if we're to be successful.

I would like him as a rotational guy who would come in and rush from the DT position on third downs.

Him and Brayton inside with Johnson and another speedier guy would be a pretty good pass rush DL. Considering Brayton and Canty are decent run stuffers at DE they would not get caught out oo much if they run a draw etc

He would be like a DT playing DE. A tweener size for 4-3.

I disagree. 295 is 4-3 tackle size. He's just playing 3-4 DE because the 3-4 takes tackle size players and puts them there. People used to think that Burton was an end/tackle tweener because he played 3-4 DE. He never played DE here, but people labored under the assumption that he gave us immense versatility.

I disagree. 295 is 4-3 tackle size. He's just playing 3-4 DE because the 3-4 takes tackle size players and puts them there. People used to think that Burton was an end/tackle tweener because he played 3-4 DE. He never played DE here, but people labored under the assumption that he gave us immense versatility.

Canty would actually be an intersting guy to explore. As you know Dallas is one of the 3-4 teams that runs a one gap scheme popularized by Bum Phillips in the 70s. As such he plays an aggressive attacking style similar to how we used Lewis this year. Don't know if he is an upgrade though.

Archived