• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowher ready to coach

grateflday

cowher = old man - we need a young guy with energy.

If I rewrite your formula I get this...

old man - we need a young guy with energy = cowher

I've double checked everything but I can't see how that equation equals cowher. I'm going to have to take points away from you.

It just bothers me when they say Cowher will not be the coach because JR will not pay his salary. If anything, he has figured out that you need deep pockets to compete. He was paying Fox $6 million or more. The evidence is starting to mount:

1. Everyone assumed Cowher would go the Giants. He is happy at CBS, no pressure to come out now and he has waited for SOMETHING for the past few years--then he announces his interest in returning just 4 games before he KNOWS the Panthers are hiring. What other job opening is so well known?

2. The Panthers and the Steelers have a great rapport and mutual respect.

3. Cowher is a NC boy.

4. There is not a better opportunity to turn around a program immediately than in Carolina. Aside from re-signing our players, we need a RG in free agency, possibly at DT.

5. Marino made a comment to Cowher about Carolina during a telecast recently that suggested he would be the next coach. He later apologized for the comment. I blew it off then, but Marino would have a pretty good idea.

6. I think Cowher would like to coach in the NFC if he returns. I read that somewhere, but it is speculation at best. If true, that limits the suitors to the following 16 teams who might be looking for a coach:

Carolina

San Franciso (imagine the chin in SF? I cannot)

Minnesota (They have their next coach right now)

Detroit (Too soon)

Arizona (are they looking for a new coach or just a QB? I say they like the coach)

That is probably it. No changes in Dallas, Philly, Washington, NY; No changes in Green Bay or Chicago; No changes in Seattle or St. Louis; No changes in Atl, NO, or TB.

It is Carolina. He will not want to go West. I doubt Detroit is the job he wants, and they may not want to fire what they have. He has been an AFC commentator, so maybe I am wrong- but maybe that is why he wants NFC.

I think Cowher has unofficially and indirectly thrown his hat in the ring just when he knows the powers that be have begun to search for a coach in Carolina. At the beginning of the week, Grimm rumors circulated. That was the sign that the Panthers were beginning their search. That is when Cowher decided to play his hand.

It just bothers me when they say Cowher will not be the coach because JR will not pay his salary. If anything, he has figured out that you need deep pockets to compete. He was paying Fox $6 million or more. The evidence is starting to mount:

1. Everyone assumed Cowher would go the Giants. He is happy at CBS, no pressure to come out now and he has waited for SOMETHING for the past few years--then he announces his interest in returning just 4 games before he KNOWS the Panthers are hiring. What other job opening is so well known?

2. The Panthers and the Steelers have a great rapport and mutual respect.

3. Cowher is a NC boy.

4. There is not a better opportunity to turn around a program immediately than in Carolina. Aside from re-signing our players, we need a RG in free agency, possibly at DT.

5. Marino made a comment to Cowher about Carolina during a telecast recently that suggested he would be the next coach. He later apologized for the comment. I blew it off then, but Marino would have a pretty good idea.

6. I think Cowher would like to coach in the NFC if he returns. I read that somewhere, but it is speculation at best. If true, that limits the suitors to the following 16 teams who might be looking for a coach:

Carolina

San Franciso (imagine the chin in SF? I cannot)

Minnesota (They have their next coach right now)

Detroit (Too soon)

Arizona (are they looking for a new coach or just a QB? I say they like the coach)

That is probably it. No changes in Dallas, Philly, Washington, NY; No changes in Green Bay or Chicago; No changes in Seattle or St. Louis; No changes in Atl, NO, or TB.

It is Carolina. He will not want to go West. I doubt Detroit is the job he wants, and they may not want to fire what they have. He has been an AFC commentator, so maybe I am wrong- but maybe that is why he wants NFC.

I think Cowher has unofficially and indirectly thrown his hat in the ring just when he knows the powers that be have begun to search for a coach in Carolina. At the beginning of the week, Grimm rumors circulated. That was the sign that the Panthers were beginning their search. That is when Cowher decided to play his hand.

Well stated argument there. I wouldn't mind if you were correct.

Can someone please explain the infatuation with Cowher?

It took him TEN playoff seasons to win a Superbowl. TEN. He has a high winning percentage, but he has consistently crapped out in the playoffs.

I don't get it.

And +1 to what Cavscout said. There is no chance in hell JR and company give up decision power. That is the nail in the coffin to this situation.

.......It took him TEN playoff seasons to win a Superbowl....

The above is part of your arguement against Cowher??? I knew the winning percentage was high, but WOW I didnt realized he had 10 playoff appearances out of his 15yrs coaching. That is damn good despite the "fizzling out" you call it. I would take a run like that - the first step is you HAVE to be IN the playoffs to have a shot at winning the Superbowl.

I am not saying Cowher is the answer but I would definately prefer him over giving a cooridinator who was never a HC a chance. I think the probability of that being successful is much lower than bringing in Cowher.

Archived