• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowher ready to coach

grateflday

I don't think the Panthers are a long term rebuild. New staff and a few key pieces with decent qb play and this team should bounce back to relevance fairly quickly.

What I was saying is that I don't think Cowher would come back for another 10-15 year run at a team. I just can't see him being with a new team that long. However, I think the Panthers are at least two to three years away from another playoff push. They have a lot to correct and I don't think Cowher (at his age) is going to want to jump into that mess when there are plenty of other playoff-ready teams that will want a coach and will pay him top dollar.

I just see no way that Cowher and the Panthers would fit from a philosophical and financial standpoint. I think the only reason it seems to fit is his physical connection to the Carolina's. That's it.

there is crap available in FA and trading for one that would actually be worth building an offense around would cost a whole lot more than a first round pick overall.

you need a veteran guy...and you can find one in the upcoming free agency, e.g. seneca wallace or hasselbeck.

I'd rather go for a FA-guy (whom you saw in the nfl already) than draft a rookie...especially when you have already two of them.

you need a veteran guy...and you can find one in the upcoming free agency, e.g. seneca wallace or hasselbeck.

I'd rather go for a FA-guy (whom you saw in the nfl already) than draft a rookie...especially when you have already two of them.

1) none of those guys are worth starting or building a team around

2) we need a vet brought in...but not to start. on the sidelines and as a backup. rookie will become a vet soon enough.

we won't keep both rookies from this year...i'm fully expecting none of the QBs on the roster to be around after this year. pike would be released (only a 6th rounder). moore will just not be re-signed. clausen will be traded.

49ers are in about as bad a shape at QB as the panthers. you want them to go after one of the FAs this year? lol good luck with that.

Archived