• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowher ready to coach

grateflday

Ohhhh poo. The Huddle is gonna go apeshit.

Also, here is the link via NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cca328/article/exsteelers-coach-cowher-open-to-a-return-to-the-field?module=HP_headlines

I'm not so sure he'd demand having total control over a team. I think he's seen that those that want total control usually end up forfeiting a lot because they can't handle it (i.e., Mike Holmgren).

I still don't think he'd want to go back into coaching a rebuilding long-term project team such as the Panthers.

I think the George Seifert era has hurt the chances of Carolina hiring a big name coach just based of credentials for as long as Richardson owns the team. I'm not saying that's a bad thing since a lot of good coached now weren't big names when they were hired but I think whoever wants the job is gonna have to show that he wants it. Carolina doesn't need just a big name coach it needs the right coach. If the right coach is Cowher then so be it Cowher is our coach.

I just don't want people to just go crazy for him based on his credentials. We have been burnt that way before.

Ohhhh poo. The Huddle is gonna go apeshit.

Also, here is the link via NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cca328/article/exsteelers-coach-cowher-open-to-a-return-to-the-field?module=HP_headlines

I'm not so sure he'd demand having total control over a team. I think he's seen that those that want total control usually end up forfeiting a lot because they can't handle it (i.e., Mike Holmgren).

I still don't think he'd want to go back into coaching a rebuilding long-term project team such as the Panthers.

I don't think the Panthers are a long term rebuild. New staff and a few key pieces with decent qb play and this team should bounce back to relevance fairly quickly.

The thing is Cowher will probably want complete control which means Hurney would be out. From what Gantt and everyone else has said Hurney is as safe as houses so I don't see it happening. I would love it though. Great coach.

this is the best reason I have seen for me to get behind cowher..no more hurney.

I am officially on the bandwagon now...provided you are accurate in your theory sir.

Archived