• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In regards to the Meeks hire, which scenario scares you the most?

Fiz

Which of the below scenarios scares you the most?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the below scenarios scares you the most?

• We're fucked because of reason 1
    • We're fucked because of reason 2

Meeks isn't a stop gap or a puppet. He is a bend don't break kind of guy who knows how to coach zone defense. Zone done well can be just as effective as a man coverage. Meeks knows what he is doing and Fox hired him to do a better job than was done by Trgo and Lewis over the past 2 years.

I am not a big passive zone proponent, in fact you could say I absolutely hate it. Still if you are committed to running this scheme as Fox appears to be, then you could do a lot worse than hire Ron Meeks.

Meeks isn't a stop gap or a puppet. He is a bend don't break kind of guy who knows how to coach zone defense. Zone done well can be just as effective as a man coverage. Meeks knows what he is doing and Fox hired him to do a better job than was done by Trgo and Lewis over the past 2 years.

I am not a big passive zone proponent, in fact you could say I absolutely hate it. Still if you are committed to running this scheme as Fox appears to be, then you could do a lot worse than hire Ron Meeks.

I agree with you. The thing that scares me the most is that the team wanted to keep Trgovac, and he walked. He wasn't fired. So the team believing he can do a better job? Hmm.. It presents a question.

3. No changes

We been running a soft zone coverage, letting front 4 get to the QB. Same thing Indy ran. No blitzes, no man to man, no bump and run. Thats why dude was hired

Indy had a DL that has been able to get pressure w/ the front 4 like some older Panther teams. We will get abused like we did all this year......next year. It would be like putting Jake in shotgun and going 5 wide all game despite having a run blocking OL and 2 great RBs. We don't have the DL to do that and won't have it next year.

Archived