• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suh fined 15K for "hit" on Cutler

TheRealDeal

uh, how you think a personal foul like that is not a game changer is beyond me. we have no idea what that could have done to the game.

if that hit had been on Clausen, I'd have thought it was a foul at the time, but once I saw it in slow mo I probably wouldn't have. I would have been glad for the yards but confused by the fine.

...Which is about how I am now, save I don't care about the Bears getting yards.

edit: let me explain. to me, it does not look like he lead with his helmet or even hit him in the helmet. In slow motion it looks like he hit his back and shoved him down with his forearm, which... shouldn't be a penalty. Now, maybe he did hit his head and all so whatever, but yeah. Didn't look like it, and he was a runner at that point so why is he protected?? I thought you could hit runners in the head.

uh, how you think a personal foul like that is not a game changer is beyond me. we have no idea what that could have done to the game.

if that hit had been on Clausen, I'd have thought it was a foul at the time, but once I saw it in slow mo I probably wouldn't have. I would have been glad for the yards but confused by the fine.

...Which is about how I am now, save I don't care about the Bears getting yards.

edit: let me explain. to me, it does not look like he lead with his helmet or even hit him in the helmet. In slow motion it looks like he hit his back and shoved him down with his forearm, which... shouldn't be a penalty. Now, maybe he did hit his head and all so whatever, but yeah. Didn't look like it, and he was a runner at that point so why is he protected?? I thought you could hit runners in the head.

This. Once Cutler passed the LOS he basically became a running back. No rule says you can't hit a running back in the back of the head. You can argue the hit was uncalled for, but it was a legal hit and therefore he shouldn't be fined.

Shouldn't have been fined.

At real speed, I would have thrown a flag for unnecessary roughness too, but on further examination it was just a badass shove by one of the strongest cats in the NFL.

The play wasn't a full 15 yd penalty, 1/2 the distance from the 12 to the 6 yd line.

They would have scored anyway, since the Loins then decided not to cover the TE in the flat, since Brandon alphabet, the fattest cat I've seen in a Bears uni since the Fridge, managed to get open.

A game changer....keep hatin' haters.

A fine? No.

A flag. No, but again, in real time, I woulda thrown it too.

Archived