• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suh fined 15K for "hit" on Cutler

TheRealDeal

This is the worst fine i have ever seen. If Suh hadn't hit him, Cutler would have got the first down. Because Suh did hit him, and legally at that, Cutler got the first down and 15 extra yards.

Everybody had been saying it for a while, but Goodell is really starting to get power hungry here with this non-sense. It's football. You are supposed to be able to hit people. If you can't deal with that, then resign. I also love how the owners are asking for an 18 game season, but the league is concerned with players health. THEY ARE CORRELATED!

complete morons at the NFL front offices.

Exactly, especially after they have a chance to look at it in slow mo and aren't making the judgment real time.

tbh, I am not surprised by the penalty at all.

if you watch it real time, it looks pretty bad until you see the movement of cutler's head etc not being connected with the arm so much. The slow motion helps a lot...

Just another ridiculous penalty and fine for this year.

I was talking to a co-worker who said the money is given to charity. James Harrison has complained(big surprise) about how the money is handled. Supposedly he is matching every dollar he pays out to his own charity.

I've also heard charities but no one has ever been able to confirm it. It would be sick if the person that the penalty was called for got to choose which charity.

In this case Cutler would get to choose where that 15K would go. I would be happy if it didn't even pass through the NFL and Suh wrote a personal check, at least that way we know where it's going.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c8823a/article/leagues-official-player-safety-rules

All on-field fine money collected by the NFL is used for charitable purposes. These funds have been used to support retired player programs, including the NFL Player Care Foundation and NFLPA Players Assistance Trust; disaster relief initiatives; and other charities supporting youth, education and sports-related medical research.

Sounds like both were true; charities and player care trusts/foundations.

I've seen less called on helmet brushes of Brady and manning. I'm not advocating these sissified rules nowadays but i'm just curious if all of you would feel the same had that same hit been made on your boy Clausen? I disagree with the flag but the Bears would've been 3rd and 1 anyways had the flag not been thrown and the Lions weren't stopping poo at that point in the game. If theydid stop them, a chip shot Bears FG would've tied it at that point and the Lions only mustered 49 yards in the complete 2nd half. Their only 3 points in the second half came off of a FG that the Bears gave them when Cutler was hit and fumbled in the Bears territory. Don't agree with the flag or the fine but it wasn't a game changer like the Calvin johnson "no catch/catch" in week 1.

Archived