• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone want Moore?

TheRealDeal

oh and let us not forget moore just had season ending injury to his throwing shoulder.....there is no way in the hell moore is on the roster next season....they signed him to a 1 year tender for a reason so he can prove himself and he proved he sucked

A surgery that often times makes the shoulder stronger than it was before. It's not like a separation or dislocation which reoccurs often after the initial injury and it's not like tearing the rotator cuff either.

Good try though. If anything the shoulder injury is more of a reason for him to be back because now he'll be cheaper and more willing to stay local.

I'd take Moore back for a dirt cheap contract. I like him better than Jimmy.

I'd also be interested to see what a better QB coach can do with Moore and Jimmy. Let's face it, Rip Scherer is a HUGE part of the problem on the offensive side of the ball.

His resume speaks for itself

QB's under Rip

Derrek Anderson = Fail

Brady Quinn = Fail

Jake Delhomme = Fail

Matt Moore = Fail

Jimmy Clausen = Fail

Why does it make sense? Because he knows a playbook/philosophy we may not even use in 2011? There will be a handful of backups that we can sign that are just as talented as Moore. He provides us nothing by bringing him back. I mean, if you think he's the best of the rest, more power to you. But we could add a guy like Seneca Wallace and not skip a beat. Perhaps you mean he'd want to stay in town, will be cheap, and won't mind being a #2 or #3. That's fine, but I don't see any need for him here.

I think you are putting too much stock into the few games he got to play this season, which other teams/GMs wont. He's far more talented than Seneca Wallace, for example. I think it makes sense because the same FO will be here and they know what Moore is capable of so it makes them a little more comfortable if they are starting a rookie like Luck or whatever. Also, he has a good relationship with the community and with the players.

Don't forget that with just a semblance of a running game, he's been a damn good QB in the past.

A lot of guys might not be happy with a rookie, whatever you want to call Clausen, and a journeyman/vet mentor as the QBs as they would see it as another lost season.

• 3 weeks later...

Moore signing on the cheap and going out there to compete with Luck and Clausen might not be as bad as it sounds. If Moore wins the job, what does that say about Luck? That would allow us to put more money towards other places of need.

It really comes down to the next head coach

TheRealDeal, be honest. If Matt Moore is let go, are you never going to post here again? There isn't one player who is on the team or ever has been who I've tried harder to manipulate conjecture into fact than you have with Moore. Not even Clausen or Jake. So, you don't have to bother asking me about if Clausen were let go. I'd move on much faster than you will when Moore is gone.

Archived