• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone want Moore?

TheRealDeal

The logic you use is flawed at best Beaux.

On a side note, Moore being the future does not make/break him coming back here. The premise is that he has shown he can play in this league, although inconsistent at times, he's still proven he can play and the good games are more than the bad. No other QB on our roster has shown even a glimpse they can play at this level.

I don't know why the FO goes into the future with presumably a rookie, a failed hype machine, and this "Vet" people keep speaking of (although it's slim slim pickings).

It's safe to say with the run game we've had the last few weeks, Moore would have looked a lot better than he did in the beginning of the year.

I don't think the logic is flawed. Your point is that, regardless of how we fans view Moore, the front office thinks highly of him. Short of the tender placed on him last year following his great games, I just haven't seen it.

You really can't see the front office would be comfortable going into the season with Clausen, Luck and a vet? We entered this season with Moore, Clausen and Pike.

What trio of quarterbacks are you advocating? Moore, Luck and Clausen? Pickings may be slim, but we need a vet quarterback in here -- especially if we want to develop Luck and Clausen.

Make no mistake: I like Moore and think he can certainly be a good backup somewhere and maybe even get a starting job somewhere again. It's tough to really evaluate any of our quarterbacks with the team surrounding them this year.

CRA probably nailed it. we'll keep clausen as a backup (he still has skyloads of potential) and probably sign a veteran, and hopefully draft andrew luck. moore simply does not fit in that equation.

expect him to be traded off to a team for a 7th-rounder or conditional pick, or packaged up in a bigger deal, or simply cut.

He'll be some form of FA so he won't be traded or cut.

Sooooooooo now that we've seen an array of QBs play for us this year and it hasn't gone well, do you think Hurney makes an offer to bring Moore back?

Many of you hated him this season and wanted Clausen. You got that and we've all seen how it's worked out. With a little time to reflect and with some games under Clausen's belt, do you want Marty to try and bring Moore back? He's clearly the best QB on the roster which isn't saying much.

Moore did not have a good year, everyone knows that, including him. But given the lack of experience we have on the roster at QB, I say we offer him somewhere between a 1 to 3 yr deal, leaning more to the lower side. We draft the best QB in the draft, who I'm reading is Luck but have heard good things about Mallet and personally like Cam. We go into preseason with: Moore, #1 QB draft pick, Clausen and Pike. They battle through training camp and preseason. 1st and 2nd string should be decided by the end of preseason. Once the thrid is decided, then we try to trade the 4th, if that doesn't work then we should try to stash him on the Practice Squad.

I don't think the logic is flawed. Your point is that, regardless of how we fans view Moore, the front office thinks highly of him. Short of the tender placed on him last year following his great games, I just haven't seen it.

You really can't see the front office would be comfortable going into the season with Clausen, Luck and a vet? We entered this season with Moore, Clausen and Pike.

What trio of quarterbacks are you advocating? Moore, Luck and Clausen? Pickings may be slim, but we need a vet quarterback in here -- especially if we want to develop Luck and Clausen.

Make no mistake: I like Moore and think he can certainly be a good backup somewhere and maybe even get a starting job somewhere again. It's tough to really evaluate any of our quarterbacks with the team surrounding them this year.

I think him not playing his rookie year was the fact that he wasn't in camp at all and Fox hates rookies. His sophomore year he missed due to his broken leg. His 3rd year he was third on the depth chart solely because it wasn't an open competition when he returned and things stayed the same. Fox stayed with Jake way too long but he would have done that with any QB behind him, not just Moore.

Picking him as an undrafted FA off waivers from Dallas shows that they liked him a lot, guaranteeing him a spot on the 53 man roster. They also gave him the highest tender possible. You can say they had to draft a QB because we literally had no one else on the roster and drafting a QB and paying him 3-6 mil over 4 years is a lot cheaper than signing a vet FA, and Jerry wanted cheap this year. Those moves kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I know we entered the season with Moore, Clausen, and Pike but it was purely a cost move. Any other season there is no way those three guys are the QBs on the 53.

I know there needs to be a vet on the roster I just don't know what vets will be out there with more experience and ability than Moore.

I think him not playing his rookie year was the fact that he wasn't in camp at all and Fox hates rookies. His sophomore year he missed due to his broken leg. His 3rd year he was third on the depth chart solely because it wasn't an open competition when he returned and things stayed the same. Fox stayed with Jake way too long but he would have done that with any QB behind him, not just Moore.

Fox certainly didn't stick with Moore like he did with Jake, and chose to start a rookie over the established quarterback just three games into the season.

Fox certainly didn't stick with Moore like he did with Jake, and chose to start a rookie over the established quarterback just three games into the season.

I meant he would have stuck with Jake no matter who was behind him. Him and Jake had a relationship that is really unmatched around the NFL.

I don't really think that was Fox's decision to go with Jimmy at that point. I think the FO was feeling the pressure and thought the hype would buy them some time. Fox basically said he would start Matt if he could later in the year and I think he would have kept him starting if it was up to him. Some of his jabs at the FO makes me think this.

I could be wrong but it just makes sense to me that they try and bring him back, whether or not he wants to be back is another question. Lots of teams need QBs.

Why does it make sense? Because he knows a playbook/philosophy we may not even use in 2011? There will be a handful of backups that we can sign that are just as talented as Moore. He provides us nothing by bringing him back. I mean, if you think he's the best of the rest, more power to you. But we could add a guy like Seneca Wallace and not skip a beat. Perhaps you mean he'd want to stay in town, will be cheap, and won't mind being a #2 or #3. That's fine, but I don't see any need for him here.

Archived