• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone want Moore?

TheRealDeal

It's funny how most of you can't think logically or realistically.

I hate to tell you, but Moore will most likely be here next year. Think about it. There is no way we go into the season with Rookie, Clausen (eww), and "Vet" we pick up from this year's class. There aren't that many "Vets" we could pick up that would be an upgrade over any of our QBs, let alone Moore.

I think Hurney and the FO like Moore than most of you fans on here (which will probably change 3-4 more times) and they aren't going to risk this mess again next year with Jimmy, rookie, and some no name. Moore is offered to come back and compete/be #2.

I hate to tell you, but Moore will most likely be here next year. Think about it. There is no way we go into the season with Rookie, Clausen (eww), and "Vet" we pick up from this year's class. There aren't that many "Vets" we could pick up that would be an upgrade over any of our QBs, let alone Moore.

I think Hurney and the FO like Moore than most of you fans on here (which will probably change 3-4 more times) and they aren't going to risk this mess again next year with Jimmy, rookie, and some no name. Moore is offered to come back and compete/be #2.

Quoted for posterity.

how about "no and marty won't"?

I think Moore deserves a shot some place else, but I kinda doubt it'll be here.

I don't think they'll get a no-name, just some old guy who is expected to tutor Clausen and Luck and possibly one other at the start of training camp (perhaps even Moore, though I kinda doubt it). Then, we'll enter the season with Luck, Clausen, and said veteran, likely with Clausen starting initially but giving way to Luck eventually, depending on how well the offense does etc.

if they draft Luck he won't be. A new coach will 100% bring in a vet mentor. Clausen gets the other spot by default.

Well, the front office has been impressed with Moore since he came here in '07. They were so impressed with him that he sat behind Testaverde and Carr, only getting a start when those two were injured. Then in '09, they let Delhomme play the worst football of his career until he also suffered an injury. Moore impressed them so much at the end of last season, however, that they went out and drafted Jimmy Clausen and Tony Pike.

Okay, I'm being sarcastic. I like Moore, but I think it's obvious he's not our future. I also think it's obvious the front office has done very little over the years to show they are interested in keeping him.

How many realistic Vet Mentors are out there?

every year they become avaliable and teams that need them pick them up. After the season is over, there will 100% be some to choose from for Luck. Coaches w/ young QBs always talk about how important that is......lame duck coaches don't.

The logic you use is flawed at best Beaux.

On a side note, Moore being the future does not make/break him coming back here. The premise is that he has shown he can play in this league, although inconsistent at times, he's still proven he can play and the good games are more than the bad. No other QB on our roster has shown even a glimpse they can play at this level.

I don't know why the FO goes into the future with presumably a rookie, a failed hype machine, and this "Vet" people keep speaking of (although it's slim slim pickings).

It's safe to say with the run game we've had the last few weeks, Moore would have looked a lot better than he did in the beginning of the year.

CRA probably nailed it. we'll keep clausen as a backup (he still has skyloads of potential) and probably sign a veteran, and hopefully draft andrew luck. moore simply does not fit in that equation.

expect him to be traded off to a team for a 7th-rounder or conditional pick, or packaged up in a bigger deal, or simply cut.

Archived