• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why trading up for Armanti Edwards was stupid..(ps SCP went to Eastern Car.)

SCP

And people have the gall to say that Hurney is still a good GM.

Let's see

Hardy was a projected 1st at one time so was Lafell, Connor, Khali (sp) and I cant think of the others right at the second

He signed Jake, S Davis and several other FA cant remember them all at the moment...All of our 1st rounders have been starters and very good starters. Many good picks and a few bad ones..Dont have the time to go into detail playing COD and we have a 40 second break.

Hell no, I was one of the idiots who thought we had 9-10 wins in us.

But I was never on board with the trade to get him. And I'm not blaming Armanti.

Antwaan Randle El is about the same size as Armanti. He was drafted in the 2nd round, #62 overall. His rookie year 2002 stats can be viewed here:

http://www.nfl.com/players/antwaanrandleel/profile?id=RAN399604

Since we suck this year and are being forced to look at the draft already, are these stats worth a #33 overall pick if Armanti develops into a Randle El?

More fumbles then TDs? I gotta say no.

But I was never on board with the trade to get him. And I'm not blaming Armanti.

Antwaan Randle El is about the same size as Armanti. He was drafted in the 2nd round, #62 overall. His rookie year 2002 stats can be viewed here:

Since we suck this year and are being forced to look at the draft already, are these stats worth a #33 overall pick if Armanti develops into a Randle El?

I don't understand how anyone can pass judgement on Edwards without seeing him play. Randle El played in 16 games his rookie year. And before anyone brings it up, the reason Edwards doesn't play is because Richardson drafted him, and Fox won't play him.

If Edwards was good, he'd be playing. We are 1-10 for christs sake. Randle El made the switch from QB at Indiana to playing in 16 NFL games as a rookie WR/KR. If Armanti is as good as people claim he is, he would be on the field.

Again, the one question that has been asked and not answered. Back in the spring did anyone say anywhere that this pick would become the 33rd pick? I don't recall many threads or posts saying that we were going to be a 1-15 or 2-14 team and get the first picks of rounds 1 and 2. I'm not saying the pick was a good one, I just don't think anyone on here thought we would be this bad. There is nothing we can do about it now except hope that the kid develops into something in a year or two. Hopefully he will and since I didn't have a say so in where he was drafted (and neither did Edwards) I'm not going to blame him for the pick.

Saying the 33rd pick overall is only to put emphasis on trading up.. Whether it was a 33rd pick overall or 53rd pick, we still gave up a 2nd rounder.. which is the point SouthCak was originally making..

it just so happens this sucks even more because it is the 33rd pick overall...

I don't understand how anyone can pass judgement on Edwards without seeing him play. Randle El played in 16 games his rookie year. And before anyone brings it up, the reason Edwards doesn't play is because Richardson drafted him, and Fox won't play him.

It could be because he is still learning WR. Richardson drafted Lafell and Gettis, both of which fox plays.

No they are not. A third-forth round pick with time for development maybe but not a second. The problem is that there are so many people on here that are pissed that a FCS college QB hasn't developed into an NFL receiver and returner in less than a year and seem to blame Edwards for everything from the economy to global warming. Hell, we've drafted FBS college receivers that didn't develop into NFL receivers.

I was born in Boone and grew up there. I hated it when we drafted Edwards and traded up to do it since I knew he was going to take time to become an NFL player, if at all, and I knew, after all the trades we had made in the past few years, he was going to catch hell if he didn't become a star right away. I'm not one who thought he would be there in the later rounds but that was only based on what I was reading during the draft. And since we can't go back in time we'll never know. I just am taking a little longer view and HOPING that he will pick up the position and become a good player. And blaming the FO in the process:D.

Saying the 33rd pick overall is only to put emphasis on trading up.. Whether it was a 33rd pick overall or 53rd pick, we still gave up a 2nd rounder.. which is the point SouthCak was originally making..

it just so happens this sucks even more because it is the 33rd pick overall...

Agreed. See above post.

Archived