• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why trading up for Armanti Edwards was stupid..(ps SCP went to Eastern Car.)

SCP

Connor contributed to ST for several years before he got his shot. He prob will get traded depending on how the TD situation turns out.

Lets see here...

Is Gettis not ahead of Edwards.

Is LaFell not ahead of Edwards.

Hmmm yea sorry total speculation on my part... cause we all know Edwards is contributing this year by just gracing us with his god like presence.

Oh and the rest of what you said makes no since at all.

For one Dwill contributed his rookie year.Secondly Foster had major injuries.

Now what your trying to say with Brees and Brady makes no sense.

Nether were on the same team for one.

Lastly Brees was traded because he could not help the Chargers anymore. Rivers was the future and they didnt have anymore time to wait for Brees to develop. Besides what good would it have done if he did?

Yup you just helped me prove my point.... Thank you come again.

So? That doesnt discredit my point. In the first two years, there was really no sight of oppurtunity for Connor to get a starting gig. The fact that a high thrid rounder was playing a little special teams doesnt make him suddenly a worthy pick. Then an injury came. And he's playing lights out.

It's not ludicrous to think of the possiblity that Edwards over the offseason could compete with Lafell or Gettis for the third WR spot.Niether have esablished themselves as great pplayers, and its totally possible that one them of don't play well in 2011 .

Even if niether occurs, all it takes is one of those WR's to be out a game and he's gets a chance.

This doesnt even consider the possibillity of us getting a Coach and or coordinator who values a strong passing game.

Th point being is not ureasobale at all to think Edwards will get a chance. If he's a good enough player hell get it regardless of who's in front of him. Is he? Who knows, but thats the point. No way to judge.

AE will be off the team next year anyway

Edit: Also, you can't really compare the AE pick to the Connor pick

Connor = Luxury pick

AE = Need pick

Connor = BPA that dropped

AE = Project we reached for

Connor = Defense

AE = Offense

Connor = Could contribute on ST

AE = Can't contribute

The fact is that AE, like E. Brown, probably will never justify their pick and honestly, both should be off the team next year

Blame Hurney

AE will be off the team next year anyway

Edit: Also, you can't really compare the AE pick to the Connor pick

Connor = Luxury pick

AE = Need pick

Connor = BPA that dropped

AE = Project we reached for

Connor = Defense

AE = Offense

Connor = Could contribute on ST

AE = Can't contribute

The fact is that AE, like E. Brown, probably will never justify their pick and honestly, both should be off the team next year

Blame Hurney

None of that discredits my point.

Which is just because currently it doesnt seem there is starting spot oppurtunity for the player , doesnt mean there wont be one next year. Because of that, it illogical to use that as a reason he's a bust.

Edwards hasnt showed he was worth the pick so far. But considring he transtioning from different postions, and its eleven games into the his rookie season, there are logical reasons why. Calling him a bust under the circumstances is illogical

The only facts are the stats and clearly the stats show that AE is no better than Taylor Price, David Reed, Carlton Mitchell, Dezmon Briscoe, Kyle Williams, Terrence Austin, Marc Mariani, or Tim Toone. In fact, he is the earliest WR taken in 2010 without a catch in the NFL.

This years rookie WR's catches and yds:

Broncos Demaryius Thomas 22 283

Cowboys Dez Bryant 44 547

Buccaneers Arrelious Benn 16 195

Seahawks Golden Tate 12 172

Titans Damian Williams 11 146

Panthers Brandon LaFell 22 301

Steelers Emmanuel Sanders 13 179

Bengals Jordan Shipley 40 518

Broncos Eric Decker 2 48

Cardinals Andre Roberts 14 169

Panthers Armanti Edwards 0 0

Patriots Taylor Price 0 0

Rams Mardy Gilyard 6 63

Buccaneers Mike Williams 45 701

Bills Marcus Easley Injured

Raiders Jacoby Ford 16 320

Ravens David Reed 0 0

Eagles Riley Cooper 5 100

Falcons Kerry Meier Injured

Browns Carlton Mitchell 0 0

Bengals Dezmon Briscoe 0 0

Steelers Antonio Brown 2 27

Panthers David Gettis 25 400

San Francisco 49ers Kyle Williams 0 0

Redskins Terrence Austin 0 0

Titans Marc Mariani 0 0

Lions Tim Toone 0 0

Lets see here...

Is Gettis not ahead of Edwards.

Is LaFell not ahead of Edwards.

You seem to be implying that being ahead now, based on judgements by our current staff, means that Gettis & Lafell will always be ahead of Edwards. That's speculating that you know what the next offensive staff wilkl want and/or our current staff was 100% correct in keeping Edwards burried on the depth chart.

Lets see here...

Oh and the rest of what you said makes no since at all.

For one Dwill contributed his rookie year.Secondly Foster had major injuries.

Now what your trying to say with Brees and Brady makes no sense.

Nether were on the same team for one.

Lastly Brees was traded because he could not help the Chargers anymore. Rivers was the future and they didnt have anymore time to wait for Brees to develop. Besides what good would it have done if he did?

Yup you just helped me prove my point.... Thank you come again.

EDIT: I have no idea why "Brees" came off the keyboard. I guess because I knew Bledsoe and was considering adding the Rivers/Brees thing in SD.

Proved you point? I don't see where you've made one, not a valid one anyway.

So? That doesnt discredit my point. In the first two years, there was really no sight of oppurtunity for Connor to get a starting gig. The fact that a high thrid rounder was playing a little special teams doesnt make him suddenly a worthy pick. Then an injury came. And he's playing lights out.

It's not ludicrous to think of the possiblity that Edwards over the offseason could compete with Lafell or Gettis for the third WR spot.Niether have esablished themselves as great pplayers, and its totally possible that one them of don't play well in 2011 .

Even if niether occurs, all it takes is one of those WR's to be out a game and he's gets a chance.

This doesnt even consider the possibillity of us getting a Coach and or coordinator who values a strong passing game.

Th point being is not ureasobale at all to think Edwards will get a chance. If he's a good enough player hell get it regardless of who's in front of him. Is he? Who knows, but thats the point. No way to judge.

In all predraft workouts, Edwards put up numbers on par with or bbetter than many other WR prospects. He's being labeled bust by some simply because our coaches haven't put him on the field on Sunday.

Everywhere I read said AE was picked because of how athletic he was. There were faster, more athletic WRs still on the board. That's why I think the trade was stupid.

Edit: not saying he is a bust however.

He's shorter, quicker, more nimble, and as strong as the other WRs selected. He was also selected with an eye on performing KR/PR duties. Who does that sound like he's intended to replace?

He's shorter, quicker, more nimble, and as strong as the other WRs selected. He was also selected with an eye on performing KR/PR duties. Who does that sound like he's intended to replace?

Not true. Jacoby Ford is 1 inch shorter, faster, I would argue quicker and more nimble, and both had 13 reps for bench press at the combine. Ford has proven he can do KR/PR in college (and look at what he is doing for the Raiders). Also, Ford is all heart and is known to make leaping, athletic catches over defenders. Who does it sound like he could have been drafted to replace?

Not true. Jacoby Ford is 1 inch shorter, faster, I would argue quicker and more nimble, and both had 13 reps for bench press at the combine. Ford has proven he can do KR/PR in college (and look at what he is doing for the Raiders). Also, Ford is all heart and is known to make leaping, athletic catches over defenders. Who does it sound like he could have been drafted to replace?

I should have stated "selected by the Panthers". WHat I was getting at was replacing Smith, probably adding the dimension of the Wildcat possibilities.

I should have stated "selected by the Panthers". WHat I was getting at was replacing Smith, probably adding the dimension of the Wildcat possibilities.

Oh ok. He could very well be a replacement for Smith. I just feel like there were other options, such as Ford, who also fit the mold.

Edit: And could have been attained without the trade

Archived