• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why trading up for Armanti Edwards was stupid..(ps SCP went to Eastern Car.)

SCP

The fact that he will not see the field in Carolina is the reason he is a bust. Well unless you think LaFell and Gettis are going to regress to a horrible extent.

Edwards brings nothing to the table we dont already have. He cant play on Kick Return,He cant play on Punt Return, and he has to learn how to be a NFL WR. Also the fact that he is a project player means he will be worth nothing in a trade. No matter if he dose learn how to play WR, Gettis and LaFell will be miles ahead of him and he cost twice what they did.

It was a horrible management pick to put butts in seats and if Fox was pissed about that Pick I would understand his anger.

A lot of speculation (not necessarily fact) on your part. You don't know that he won't see the field in Carolina. We don't have a clue what our offense will look like until the coaching staff for 2011 is established.

PS: Does your response mean that, in your view, he's a bust regardless of what he does going forward? even if he becomes the next jerry Rice?

A lot of speculation (not necessarily fact) on your part. You don't know that he won't see the field in Carolina. We don't have a clue what our offense will look like until the coaching staff for 2011 is established.

PS: Does your response mean that, in your view, he's a bust regardless of what he does going forward? even if he becomes the next jerry Rice?

LOL and your speculation is not? Really I make a sound point. The fact we have two up and coming WRs, Steve Smith, and a Roll player in Clowny really makes it hard for Edwards to see the field in the future. Really thats not speculation at all thats just good reasoning.

Now he could beat out Clowny for the spot but that still puts him at #4 on the depth chart. Unless we get some kind of Mike Martz style coach he will not see the field much at 4. Why do you say? Well because we do have some good talent at TE as well. Rasario is def a player that could make a impact given the right coaching.

Really what Im saying is that by the time he is supposed to ascend to this Jerry Rice mixed with Randy Moss type player everyone seems to think he is. He will be burred on the depth chart by Vets at that position.

But hey given time he will surly become a great player right? Right? I mean Jarrett is sure lighting the league on fire right now.

LOL and your speculation is not? Really I make a sound point. The fact we have two up and coming WRs, Steve Smith, and a Roll player in Clowny really makes it hard for Edwards to see the field in the future. Really thats not speculation at all thats just good reasoning.

Now he could beat out Clowny for the spot but that still puts him at #4 on the depth chart. Unless we get some kind of Mike Martz style coach he will not see the field much at 4. Why do you say? Well because we do have some good talent at TE as well. Rasario is def a player that could make a impact given the right coaching.

Really what Im saying is that by the time he is supposed to ascend to this Jerry Rice mixed with Randy Moss type player everyone seems to think he is. He will be burred on the depth chart by Vets at that position.

But hey given time he will surly become a great player right? Right? I mean Jarrett is sure lighting the league on fire right now.

Don't you know you aren't allowed to use sound reasoning when it comes to Armanti? Anything other than assuming he will be the greatest NFL player ever is asinine. Stupid face.

When Connor came out it looked like a usless pick considring who we had in front of him. He would never see the field. Now three years later turend out to be a very talented player and pick.

Point being, regardless of the circumstances, it isnt logical to call anyone a bust when there rookie season isnt even done with.

Not good reasoning, just speculation. You feel that because they are ahead of him now, they will always be ahead of him, just like Foster always staying ahead of Williams or Bledsoe always staying ahead of Brady. It don't always work that way.

I've never stated whether I think Edwards will be good or bust. In reality, I'm willing to wait and see how he develops. By stating that he will never catch up to Gettis or Lafell means that you are limiting him by your opinion or speculation and not by reality.

EDIT: I have no idea why "Brees" came off the keyboard. I guess because I knew Bledsoe and was considering adding the Rivers/Brees thing in SD.

When Connor came out it looked like a usless pick considring who we had in front of him. He would never see the field. Now three years later turend out to be a very talented player and pick.

Point being, regardless of the circumstances, it isnt logical to call anyone a bust when there rookie season isnt even done with.

Connor contributed to ST for several years before he got his shot. He prob will get traded depending on how the TD situation turns out.

Not good reasoning, just speculation. You feel that because they are ahead of him now, they will always be ahead of him, just like Foster always staying ahead of Williams or Brees always staying ahead of Brady. It don't always work that way.

I've never stated whether I think Edwards will be good or bust. In reality, I'm willing to wait and see how he develops. By stating that he will never catch up to Gettis or Lafell means that you are limiting him by your opinion or speculation and not by reality.

Lets see here...

Is Gettis not ahead of Edwards.

Is LaFell not ahead of Edwards.

Hmmm yea sorry total speculation on my part... cause we all know Edwards is contributing this year by just gracing us with his god like presence.

Oh and the rest of what you said makes no since at all.

For one Dwill contributed his rookie year.Secondly Foster had major injuries.

Now what your trying to say with Brees and Brady makes no sense.

Nether were on the same team for one.

Lastly Brees was traded because he could not help the Chargers anymore. Rivers was the future and they didnt have anymore time to wait for Brees to develop. Besides what good would it have done if he did?

Yup you just helped me prove my point.... Thank you come again.

For the record, Breesus wasn't traded, he wasn't resigned. He suffered a nasty shoulder injury at the end of the season and the Saints signed him as a FA and got lucky that he's been healthy. He was already an excellent QB as well under the tutealge of Cam Cameron going 20-11 his last 2 years as a starter.

Archived