• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why trading up for Armanti Edwards was stupid..(ps SCP went to Eastern Car.)

SCP

He hasn't produced anything, seriously, you think 6 catches is producing? He has played in 178 snaps for them, 108 of which he was running routes. He has been thrown at just 15 times in that time and completed just the 6.

That seriously isn't production

6 catches > 0 catches, unless I totally got screwed over in math class.

So that makes ECU what? Must be a half step above this "HS D1AA" level that you speak of. How badly did you lose to Navy again?

We lost 34 lettermen, have a new coach, new OC, new DC, new offense, new defense, 6 returning starters, beat NC State, are bowl eligible for the 5th consecutive year and are coming off back to back conference titles.

Your shots at ECU are ridiculous and you showed your lack of general college football knowledge with that post. We lost to badly to Navy, which sucks... but it's hard to defend against them when you've only got 2 active DT's on your roster due to injury.

D1AA football, no matter how you slice it, is inferior to FBS football. You can stack up all the JV titles you want and they don't amount to ANYTHING on the FBS level. BCS conference or not, we play the big boys week in and week out, and ARE one of the big boys. Just ask UNC, NC State, VT, WVU, Miami, etc. Get real.

That said, Armanti is garbage, and I'd love for him to be able to help this team...but it looks like he's in WAYYYYY over his head, and we gave up WAY too much to get him.

He hasn't produced anything, seriously, you think 6 catches is producing? He has played in 178 snaps for them, 108 of which he was running routes. He has been thrown at just 15 times in that time and completed just the 6.

That seriously isn't production

No that would be Edwards... :rolleyes:

I think the trade was horrible, It doesn't even make sense. A third round pick for a future 2nd round pick is straight up retarded. What makes it even worse is our front office knew we was rebuilding so we knew next years pick would be a high second round. For those who say we cant predict the future and we didn't know we would be this bad need to realize that we did know we wasn't going to be a winning team this year, common sense will tell you that a team will be bad because we cut all vets and didn't sign any impact players and we have a very young team with inexperienced quarterbacks. Add all those factors together and you should be able to predict a loosing season. On top of just trading picks, Armani Edwards is a project player who has to be taught a new position and can take years to develop him. He probably wasn't even going to be drafted until the late rounds, I mean I couldn't name one team who would waste a pick on him. I am not saying AE is a bust, I believe that we won't know his full potential at least for another two years. If AE is a bust then this trade could be one of the worst in team history.

the problem is, what was the point of it? I mean really?

Wildcat formation? Next year we might run an offense that doesn't use it at all and i don't see us running it right now either.

reminded you of Antwaan Randle El? He was never as talented as Antwaan coming out

local college pick to appease regional fanbase? EEEUUUUUUUUCCCHHHHHH

this is like the trade/3rd round pick a 14-2 superbowl team makes when they have just about all the holes filled already. Our DTs are terrible, our TEs are not pass catchers, poo even line depth is always a consideration when you're confused with who to pick

reminded you of Antwaan Randle El? He was never as talented as Antwaan coming out

Just to clarify, I didn't say Armanti reminds me of Randle El. Some dude said it takes D1 QBs 1-5 years to make the transition to NFL WR or something like that. I pointed to Randle El as somebody who is the same size as Armanti but made the transistion from college QB to NFL WR/KR instantly. He played in 16 game as a rookie. So the excuses Armanti jock sniffers keep making for him are kind of weak.

My question right now is "HOW CAN HE NOT BE A BUST"? I mean what is he going to do in 2 years that we dont have right now? How is he going to set the panthers on fire?

If anyone can give me a logical reason I will change my mind and say he was worth the pick.

the problem is, what was the point of it? I mean really?

Wildcat formation? Next year we might run an offense that doesn't use it at all and i don't see us running it right now either.

local college pick to appease regional fanbase? EEEUUUUUUUUCCCHHHHHH

this is like the trade/3rd round pick a 14-2 superbowl team makes when they have just about all the holes filled already. Our DTs are terrible, our TEs are not pass catchers, poo even line depth is always a consideration when you're confused with who to pick

Damn, why'd you have to bring that up and make me actually think about that? lol

The fact that Hurney probably really did think it was a good idea to trade up for a guy who's ceiling, if that, was Antwan Randle-El actually makes this poo even worse lol

my question right now is "how can he not be a bust"? I mean what is he going to do in 2 years that we dont have right now? How is he going to set the panthers on fire?

If anyone can give me a logical reason i will change my mind and say he was worth the pick.

because youre not a professional gm and nobody pays you to make those decisions and youre an armchair gm gaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Archived