• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why trading up for Armanti Edwards was stupid..(ps SCP went to Eastern Car.)

SCP

Yeah, I would say that a majority of people in and outside of nfl front offices didn't believe in Joe Flacco coming out of Delaware so I can't really be mad about that.

Maybe not - but I remember him being ranked pretty high before the draft. The Ravens obviously felt they needed to trade up to get him, so at least someone else was interested. Amazing that high-profile QB's from Notre Dame, LSU, Floriday, Tennessee, etc. never make a blip in the radar but some kid from D1AA Delaware lights it up.

The fact we did not pick Mardy Gilyard with that pick just dumbfounds me. He would have had to be top of the list on the WR chart. The more crazy thing is he was not picked up by NE.

IMO this was a Richardson Pick. He knew it would pull fans to an otherwise boring team this year. Also no one expected Gettis to do as well as he did when they drafted him. I give Hurney a big pat on the back for that pick.

Maybe not - but I remember him being ranked pretty high before the draft. The Ravens obviously felt they needed to trade up to get him, so at least someone else was interested. Amazing that high-profile QB's from Notre Dame, LSU, Floriday, Tennessee, etc. never make a blip in the radar but some kid from D1AA Delaware lights it up.

True, but they didn't believe in him enough to draft him at eight. They were willing to trade out of their spot and hope to get him later, so I would suspect they didn't have him as a mortal lock to be a franchise guy. That or Ozzie Newsome is the greatest human being to ever be around football. Whichever.

The fact we did not pick Mardy Gilyard with that pick just dumbfounds me. He would have had to be top of the list on the WR chart. The more crazy thing is he was not picked up by NE.

IMO this was a Richardson Pick. He knew it would pull fans to an otherwise boring team this year. Also no one expected Gettis to do as well as he did when they drafted him. I give Hurney a big pat on the back for that pick.

Gilyard only has 6 receptions for 63 yards on a St. Louis team that has repeatedly called and asked me to suit up at receiver. Why did you want him so bad?

You're damn right. :yesnod:

Gilyard only has 6 receptions for 63 yards on a St. Louis team that has repeatedly called and asked me to suit up at receiver. Why did you want him so bad?

Because he is the most productive WR taken in that area. Remind me of what AE and Taylor Price have done this year???

Then why not opine for Mike Williams or Jacoby Ford who were taken in the same area and have been much more productive?

You tell me? Like I said he was the highest ranking WR on the board for most teams. Some even had him going in round one. Still even after him we had better options and players that ranked higher then AE. No one is going to spend a 4 or 5th round pick on a project player that had never played WR in collage and has never played on ST ether.

You tell me? Like I said he was the highest ranking WR on the board for most teams. Some even had him going in round one. Still even after him we had better options and players that ranked higher then AE. No one is going to spend a 4 or 5th round pick on a project player that had never played WR in collage and has never played on ST ether.

I don't know man. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything; I liked Gilyard a lot at Cincinatti too, but I don't see how you're dumbfounded we didn't get him. Obviously a lot of people didn't like him because he lasted until the fourth round, and his production this year on a team with a mash unit at receiver kind of justifies that. I understand outrage about Edwards, but I don't think we'd be any better right now with Gilyard instead. The move would just look better on paper because a couple "experts" had him rated higher.

I don't know man. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything; I liked Gilyard a lot at Cincinatti too, but I don't see how you're dumbfounded we didn't get him. Obviously a lot of people didn't like him because he lasted until the fourth round, and his production this year on a team with a mash unit at receiver kind of justifies that. I understand outrage about Edwards, but I don't think we'd be any better right now with Gilyard instead. The move would just look better on paper because a couple "experts" had him rated higher.

The fact is he may turn out to be a better WR then Edwards because he has produced this year. Im not saying he is playing lights out but Compared to Edwards and Price he is.

The fact is he may turn out to be a better WR then Edwards because he has produced this year. Im not saying he is playing lights out but Compared to Edwards and Price he is.

Dude, six receptions and sixty three yards. I would say the majority of people would not look at that and say he has produced this year. His quarterback is having a great year and he still has virtually no stats. The production of these three players this year tells us nothing about which one will be a good pro, if any of them at all.

Dude, six receptions and sixty three yards. I would say the majority of people would not look at that and say he has produced this year. His quarterback is having a great year and he still has virtually no stats. The production of these three players this year tells us nothing about which one will be a good pro, if any of them at all.

I was not saying he is. What Im saying is he has produced more then the two WRs picked above him. An one that cost us 2 picks. I agree he is not the player that Williams is but Williams Dropped because of discipline problems. He did at least have 6 receptions. Its way too early to say if any will be good but the fact he produced some is better then producing nothing for you team like AE is doing.

I was not saying he is. What Im saying is he has produced more then the two WRs picked above him. An one that cost us 2 picks. I agree he is not the player that Williams is but Williams Dropped because of discipline problems. He did at least have 6 receptions. Its way too early to say if any will be good but the fact he produced some is better then producing nothing for you team like AE is doing.

He hasn't produced anything, seriously, you think 6 catches is producing? He has played in 178 snaps for them, 108 of which he was running routes. He has been thrown at just 15 times in that time and completed just the 6.

That seriously isn't production

Archived