• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is anyone optimistic?

Brokenbad

its far easier for the lazy of mind and heart to be a downer and pessimistic. Im being a realist they will claim. I'm not cynical they will cry.

I say it is those folks who grew old instead of up and that inner child has long since been lost.

Having a childlike approach to life is not only more healthy and fun but it's also better for your complexion.

Cynics drag the masses into more crap. Misery does love company.

its far easier for the lazy of mind and heart to be a downer and pessimistic. Im being a realist they will claim. I'm not cynical they will cry.

I say it is those folks who grew old instead of up and that inner child has long since been lost.

Having a childlike approach to life is not only more healthy and fun but it's also better for your complexion.

I disagree.

And while a childlike approach might be "healthier and more fun" it's also very naive. I say it's more likely that people who live their lives with a child like approach have never really grown or learned the hard lessons life teaches. They just ignore them and choose to stay ignorant because it's more fun. I have no problem with either approach for the most part....and all the ones in between

The harmony of opposites allows us to experience pleasure, because we know pain.

It allows us to experience sadness because we know joy.

It lets us enjoy beauty because we have seen ugliness.

Once you understand that all things, subjectively labelled "good" or "bad" must exist in order for their "opposite" to be experienced, this understanding will allow you to then grasp that what you choose to dwell on is the real issue at hand.

The search for higher meaning is pointless when one does not recognize the importance of the simple pleasures and pains of day to day life, and learn from the experiences.

those must be the type that I have an uncontrollable interest to jab their old, tired ways..

I disagree.

And while a childlike approach might be "healthier and more fun" it's also very naive. I say it's more likely that people who live their lives with a child like approach have never really grown or learned the hard lessons life teaches. They just ignore them and choose to stay ignorant because it's more fun. I have no problem with either approach for the most part....and all the ones in between

I disagree.. just on the idea that "child like approach" implies never learning from mistakes..

Archived