• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How soon after the last falcons game

Hairless Cat

they'll probably be some press conference about fox moving on and a new HC search has begun the day after the alst game...probably could be statements from fox in the presser after the last game where he says "it's been fun. bye."

i doubt it will take very long for them to get the new coach found, though. a week, two at the most. they will say that there is no rush, but with the number of HC changes that will be going on after the seasons is over they will have to get the ball rolling to make sure they get their guy before someone else does.

Without a formal firing- just a contract expiration, I guess we won't know if J fox is our new /old head coach for 100% certainty or not until he signs with someone else.?

That's probably closer to the truth than anything. Either Fox signing somewhere or an announcement that we've signed someone. The way JR is with pressers, it's quite possible we don't even hear from him about Fox at all after the last game... ever.

As much as I would like to know 30 seconds after the Falcons game, I doubt it will happen like that. It is all going to depend on the labor negot. If it looks like there will be a lock-out, we may not have a new coach named until late 2011. If it looks like this is getting resolved, probably sooner rather than later. JR is not going to pay a coach top dollar to coach a bunch of replacement players if there is a lock-out. We will just let Meeks run the team for the time being.

Also, if we are going after a coordinator, chances are one of the coordinators will be in the playoffs and will want to wait until their season is over before we announce. I hope they take their time.

As much as I would like to know 30 seconds after the Falcons game, I doubt it will happen like that. It is all going to depend on the labor negot. If it looks like there will be a lock-out, we may not have a new coach named until late 2011. If it looks like this is getting resolved, probably sooner rather than later. JR is not going to pay a coach top dollar to coach a bunch of replacement players if there is a lock-out. We will just let Meeks run the team for the time being.

We kind of have to have a coach, lock out or not. There will still be a draft and there's other stuff that a coach need to take care of. Plus waitin that long we'll miss out on some good potential candidates

Expect nothing to happen. Probably good Head Coaches will be secured by other teams as nothing but static comes form BOFA.

Having compromised this season due to CBA concerns I doubt JR will give anyone money until a CBA is in place.

Our best hope is the league and the players get something hammered out asap.

Archived