• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake----

Hammer

If we had a good quarterback, there would have been a very very possible chance that we could be gearing up for Super Bowl XLIII a week from today.

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between "very very possible," "very possible," and "possible?"

Oh, and btw, if John Fox had been the starting qb all year, a Super Bowl run would still be "possible," and even "very very possible.":rolleyes:

This thread is fail. 80% of posts lack coherent thought. Apparently opinions are considered facts.

Fact: Jake is a mediocre qb. Always was, always will be.

He just shouldn't have to be in a position to have to through more than 20 times in a game. It was pretty easy for Joe Flacco to minimize mistakes considering he never had to actually try to make a play. Delhomme fuged up at the beginning and it all snowballed against Arizona.

I know people aren't exactly calling for a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady type of upgade at QB, but Jake isn't all that bad, he's just playing like a Rookie after surgery. His throw is off. He's been overthrowing people all year. Rip Scherer will help with that. What he needs is to get back to fundamentals. We need a running game and a solid defense. Jake isn't a problem unless you guys obsess over it. That's what The Redskins had at the beginning of the year until Clinton Portis' carries caught up with him. Sound running game, solid defense, and a quarterback that didn't need to make big throws which in turn minimized mistakes.

WTF is the point if opinions arent stated and argued? Some post stats as facts to back their side up, some feel stats are meaningless. Either way, youre probably not going to change someones mind.

-The opinion of Jake being mediocre is overshadowed by the fact that the team has been in the postseason more times with him than without.

-The opinion of Jake being mediocre is confirmed with the fact that 5 int's in one game has to be one of the worst in history. Fact: 8 is the record for single game

-The opinion of Jake being mediocre is denied by the fact that I dont believe in your opinions.

-The opinion of any other quarterback looking good with Smitty catching for them is solidified by the fact that Steve Smith is a badass, through and through.

So yous can go back and forth 'til the offseason is over and yous are CarolinaBlue in the face, but the fact remains that Jake will be the starter come September.

My name is Justin, and Im a BDJS...

You can throw stat after stat for both sides of this argument.

The ones that want Jake gone don't give him the credit for getting us to the playoffs at all. The TD to Rosario in SD was luck, the 2 grabs by Smitty were luck, the drive to get us in field goal range against N.O. all LUCK. Take those three wins out and we are even discussing the Arizona game cause WE AREN'T THERE.

The ones that like Jake (count me in) won't admit he gets tunnel vision. That he is a fumble freak, coughs it up at the worst possible time. Won't admit that when severely pressured he makes mistakes. Seems the more he tries to make things happen the more he screws up.

Bottom line, we live and die with Jake. We aren't going to bring in any of the QB's on other teams to replace him. Jake is the Panthers QB until someone beats him out.

Is it time to start looking? ABSOLUTELY YES. Not that he won't be in the saddle next year but one more injury and I think Jake is done. We have 3 on the roster now, Baz, Moore and McNown. I like Moore and was at his first start against Seattle. He managed the game well and should be #2. Baz and McNown are battling for #3. Wouldn't mind using our #2 pick if a good one is there.

I think going into camp Jake is #1 but the competition should be tougher. I think that Moore, McNown and Baz should have the opportunity to seize the position. If Jake withstand the competition and wins the he'll be at the helm next season.

For the sake of some fun though. If Philly lets McNabb go, I would love to see him come compete with Jake and crew for the spot. Or maybe Micheal Vick.....just kiddin.

Go Panthers

We have 3 on the roster now, Baz, Moore and McNown. I like Moore and was at his first start against Seattle. He managed the game well and should be #2. Baz and McNown are battling for #3. Wouldn't mind using our #2 pick if a good one is there.

Go Panthers

I swear I've seen someone else say "McNown" or "McKnown," and I just don't get it. Am I missing something, or do you just have his name wrong? :confused:

Or is it a name used by many to suggest McCown should be starting now?

Ill be the first to say that I think jake delhomme's time has come to really give it up and be a backup...but I also think that next year with a new quarterbacks coach developing him to make sure and practice his mechanics better he might have a chance. I think all the talk about him having a stronger arm after tommy john surgery wasnt reliable...he might have had more zip but he had bad mechanics. Look at the first couple of games the year before he went to all minicamps, all workouts and traning camp and had about 8 tds and 1-2 interceptions before he got hurt. I think that if he can be coached to work on his mechanics and be a little more patient we might see a good quarterback in Delhomme and him being in all workouts, all minicamps and training camps I think he can comeback from this bad year. I mean I honestly dont have trust in mccown or moore. I mean look what happened when we wanted david carr to play over delhomme and how good he did until he got hurt...I know its hard but lets give him one last chance and see what happens next year.

Archived