• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake----

Hammer

I like Jake. I agree with everyone that says who are you going to take if not him. Based upon whom is available or will be available. But according to that "wish list" I'd take quite a few of them over jake. But "it is what it is" as i've heard from time to time. Jake will have some compition this training camp. If they battle it out Jake will be forced to improve or it will be Moore or McCown. Who knows what any of our QB's will look like after our new QB coach gets to work.

When Delhomme is gone I will just bitch about whomever his replacement is. He's average but good enough to win in most cases. Would it be nice to have a QB that was better than "good enough to win in most cases?" Yes. Is it possible to have one when you draft defense and focus on the running game? Not so much actually.

Romo (Locker Room Distraction

McNabb (Not very accurate)

Jason Campbell (SUCKS)

Shaun Hill (SUCKS)

Trent Edwards (SUCKS)

Matt Shaub (Only good because of receiver like Andre Johnson who is tall)

Tyler Thigpen (SUCKS)

Carson Palmer (SUCKS)

Brady Quinn (SUCKS)

romo plays with the biggest locker room distraction ever, and is liked by just about everyone (i don't like romo but i would still take him over jake)

mcnabb is a vet that led his team further than jake led his this year

campbell has gotten better each year he has been in the league

shaun hill- i agree with what you said

trent edwards played for the crappy bills and still put up numbers as good as jakes

matt schaub- your argument is terrible (if your defending jake you could say he is only good because of smitty)

tyler thigpen came in and started playing like a champ, his upside is huge compared to jake who is past his prime

carson palmer- are you serious? he is twice the qb jake is

brady quinn- young with a huge upside

When Delhomme is gone I will just bitch about whomever his replacement is. He's average but good enough to win in most cases. Would it be nice to have a QB that was better than "good enough to win in most cases?" Yes. Is it possible to have one when you draft defense and focus on the running game? Not so much actually.

:iagree:

How many teams have Great QB's with a dominate run game?

How many teams have Great run game with Average QB? (I consider Jake an Average QB)

--All of the following are QB's that are about the same skill-wise,

--All were good enough for ONE year-wonders, to get their teams to the Superbowl ONCE and then lost it

--None are great QB's or ever will be considered as such

Neil O'Donnell

Chris Chandler

Stan Humphries

Ken Anderson

Jake Delhomme

IMO, if we are to get back to the Superbowl, and win it next time, we need to dump the idea of the One-year wonder-boy QB and try to get a QB that can LEAD us there over and over

We need a Roethlisberger, Brady, Montana, Aikman, etc...

NO MORE POOR-BOY QB'S !!!!!

--All were good enough for ONE year-wonders, to get their teams to the Superbowl ONCE and then lost it

Neil O'Donnell

Chris Chandler

Stan Humphries

Ken Anderson

Jake Delhomme

IMO, if we are to get back to the Superbowl, and win it next time, we need to dump the idea of the One-year wonder-boy QB and try to get a QB that can LEAD us there over and over

Carolina has always been a smashmouth football team that loves to run the ball. I highly doubt we are going to see a Tom Brady like QB on our team for a long long time if ever.

And I think calling Delhomme a "Poor-Boy QB" or one year wonder is pretty damn arrogant. If you think you can do better, go try out for QB.

Neil O'Donnell

Chris Chandler

Stan Humphries

Ken Anderson

Jake Delhomme

This poor boy QB has led us to the playoffs in THREE of his 4 four full seasons. Dumbest nonsense I've seen in a while

The fact it, Jake is a aging, sub-par Quarterback coming off Tommy John surgery who has pretty bad mechanics and makes some pretty awful mistakes. But people forget all about that because he has a 5-3 record in the playoffs. Which, if I might add, we have gotten less and less far in the playoffs each time he has taken us. I am grateful for where Jake has taken us the last 5 years, but after this season, I don't see him with the team anymore. With the running game that Carolina has, we just need a quarterback who minimizes mistakes. We need a QB who understands the game a bit more than Jake does. Sometimes it is OK to punt the ball, and Jake doesn't seem to understand that. Maybe our new QB's coach will help? Who knows.

PlayMoore just has QB tenderoni fever. he wants a younger QB than Jake and nothing more. What the hell has Brady Quinn shown to make him any better than Jake?

haha these guys are fugin dumbasses

JASON CAMPBELL

THIGPEN

QUINN

ROMO

HILL

SCHAUB

EDWARDS

PALMER

CASSELL

RODGERS

what do all these QB's have in common? NONE HAVE WON A PLAYOFF GAME

you guys are fugin idiots

I wouldn't even give Jake the honor of calling him mediocre. He's flat-out bad. Here are a list of current QBs I'd take over Jake:

Matt Ryan

Drew Brees

Romo

McNabb

Jason Campbell

Eli

Kurt Warner

Shaun Hill (he and Thigpen are the most underrated QBs in the NFL)

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Cassel

Brady

Trent Edwards

Pennington

Peyton

Matt Schaub

Rivers

Cutler

Thigpen

Roethlisberger

Flacco

Carson Palmer

Brady Quinn

If there are 22 better quarterbacks than you in the league, does that even make you mediocre?

Well this post has proven that you are officially the dumbest person posting on this board.

Everyone please get off Flacco's jock. The guy was pedestrian this season. I watched both of his playoff game. He threw like 9-23 for 110 yards. The Ravens won despite Flacco,.....not becasue of him. It was their defense that was the key.

Well this post has proven that you are officially the dumbest person posting on this board.

Everyone please get off Flacco's jock. The guy was pedestrian this season. I watched both of his playoff game. He threw like 9-23 for 110 yards. The Ravens won despite Flacco,.....not becasue of him. It was their defense that was the key.

The point with flacco is that he minimized mistakes!!!! Jake does not know how to do that. Flacco knew that he had one of the top defenses in the league so he understood that it was okay to punt the ball. The result was that he didn't take very many risks because he didn't need to. If he would have, the ravens would have sucked. So would I take a qb that minimizes mistakes and has a hell of an arm that as a rookie helped lead his team to the afc championship game? yes I think I would.

Archived