• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake----

Hammer

I'm going to post the number of TDs and picks each starting QB threw this season:

Delhomme: 16 TDs, 17 picks

Matt Ryan: 18 TDs, 13 picks

Brees: 34 TDs, 17 picks

Jeff Garcia: 12 TDs, 6 picks

Romo: 26 TDs, 14 picks

McNabb: 28 TDs, 15 picks

Campbell: 13 TDs, 6 picks

Eli Manning: 21 TDs, 12 picks

Warner: 38 TDs, 16 picks

Shaun Hill: 13 TDs, 8 picks

Seneca Wallace: 11 TDs, 3 picks

Bulger: 11 TDs, 13 picks

Orton: 18 TDs, 12 picks

Orlovsky: 8 TDs, 8 picks

T Jackson: 9 TDs, 3 picks

Rodgers: 28 TDs, 13 picks

Cassel: 21 TDs, 11 picks

Favre: 22 TDs, 22 picks

Trent Edwards: 11 TDs, 10 picks

Pennington: 20 TDs, 11 picks

Peyton Manning: 28 TDs, 12 picks

Schaub: 15 TDs, 10 picks

Garrard: 15 TDs, 13 picks

Collins: 12 TDs, 8 picks

Rivers: 37 TDs, 13 picks

Cutler: 25 TDs, 18 picks

Russell: 13 TDs, 8 picks

Thigpen: 18 TDs, 12 picks

Roethlisberger: 19 TDs, 15 picks

Flacco: 15 TDs, 15 picks

Fitzpatrick: 8 TDs, 9 picks

Anderson: 9 TDs, 8 picks

Congratulations Jake Delhomme! You joined Ryan Fitzpatrick and Marc Bulger as the only regular starting quarterbacks this season that threw more picks than touchdowns! Yet you still have people trying to use stats to show how accurate a passer you are! :D

Our running backs scored 30 TDs in the regular season. Jake didn't have to or need to throw in the red zone, because of the offensive philosophy of the team. So the TD pass stat in this instance is fairly irrelevant.

Of course by your "logic" Travaris Jackson is a really accurate quarterback because he threw 9 TDs with only 3 Ints. I suppose that during the Colts' Super Bowl run in 2006 that since Peyton Manning threw something like 3 TDs versus 8 INTs, that he is "inaccurate".

Big Ben had 17 TDs and 15 INTs in 469 attempts and he had 14 fumbles.

Jake Delhomme had 15 TDs and 12 INTs in 414 attempts and Jake only had 5 fumbles.

But every time Big Ben threw an interception. The Steelers defense wouldn't let the opposing team capitalize on Ben's mistakes, but every time Jake threw an interception our defense let them walk right down the field and put points on the board. EXAMPLE: CARDINALS GAME

I wouldn't even give Jake the honor of calling him mediocre. He's flat-out bad. Here are a list of current QBs I'd take over Jake:

Matt Ryan

Drew Brees

Romo

McNabb

Jason Campbell

Eli

Kurt Warner

Shaun Hill (he and Thigpen are the most underrated QBs in the NFL)

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Cassel

Brady

Trent Edwards

Pennington

Peyton

Matt Schaub

Rivers

Cutler

Thigpen

Roethlisberger

Flacco

Carson Palmer

Brady Quinn

If there are 22 better quarterbacks than you in the league, does that even make you mediocre?

Do they keep stats on how many times he banked one off the DT's forehead on 2nd and 8??

I don't mean to bash him cause he's took us to the Super Bowl and we really sucked without him last year. Is it just me or does he not have alot of passes batted down at the line of scrimmage at the worst times.

Here's hoping the new QB coach makes some adjustments.

Of course by your "logic" Travaris Jackson is a really accurate quarterback because he threw 9 TDs with only 3 Ints. I suppose that during the Colts' Super Bowl run in 2006 that since Peyton Manning threw something like 3 TDs versus 8 INTs, that he is "inaccurate".

Travaris Jackson only played half the year so you technically cannot use him as an example.

And he's a fumbler too. Dude is too much of a liability. I know some of us want to hold on to guys forever, but a time comes when we have to upgrade. Everyone on this board knows I was a fan of Deshaun Foster when he was here in Carolina. I still have alot of respect for the guy for what he did for us in our playoff years. But the fact is, Deshaun became a liability and started putting the ball on the ground too much. He's gone now and we've upgraded the RB position which in turn led us to have one of the best RB tandems in the league. Well, Jake Delhomme is pretty much the same way. He's become a liability to this team and at his age is only going to get worse. What I wanna know is, why can we be honest about everyone on this team's performance and value to the team, but with Jake Delhomme we want to pour syrup on sh*t and tell people its pancakes? Why is it just set in stone that we just have to accept Jake no matter how sh*tty he plays? The fact is, this team existed before Jake Delhomme got here and will exist long after he's retired, eventually we will have to replace him and the longer we continue to put that off, the worse this franchise will be for it.

You keep saying he is a fumbler, how many did he have? The Carolina Panthers have only existed for a little over 10 years and look what they have done and what Jake has done for us- Playoffs, super bowl, nfc championship game, etc. Good god, americas team (cowboys) hasn't even won a playoff game since we have existed. Until this year jake was one of the best playoff qb's ever ans he fkd up badly but I'm not gonna give up on him no matter how pissed I was 2 weeks ago, he's the best we got.

I am pretty sure the front office is happy with McCown and Moore and are not gonna waste a pick on a qb who more than likely will be a flop like most of them are. I do not think Jake is God and we all know how mad he makes us sometimes but he's the best we got and he will be here for atleast a couple more years unless he really stinks it up next year. Some of you idiots sound like Eagles fans calling for Mcnabb and Reids head when all they have done is take them to like 5 championship games in like the last 7 years. Again I say he had major surgery and am sure he is still getting used to his throwing motion as well as a new offensive coordinator, I am willing to give him a pass this time.

I wouldn't even give Jake the honor of calling him mediocre. He's flat-out bad. Here are a list of current QBs I'd take over Jake:

Matt Ryan

Drew Brees

Romo

McNabb

Jason Campbell

Eli

Kurt Warner

Shaun Hill (he and Thigpen are the most underrated QBs in the NFL)

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Cassel

Brady

Trent Edwards

Pennington

Peyton

Matt Schaub

Rivers

Cutler

Thigpen

Roethlisberger

Flacco

Carson Palmer

Brady Quinn

If there are 22 better quarterbacks than you in the league, does that even make you mediocre?

I checked stats closely and used logic.

Brady Quinn can not be used because he did not start the most games for the Browns this year.

Thigpen did not play the whole year that is why he is underrated. Given him an entire season then we could really tell.

Trent Edwards did not play the whole year so give him an entire season.

Shaun Hill did not play the whole year, give him an entire season.

Jason Campbell only threw 13 touchdowns, we need a quarterback that can at least throw 15 touchdowns.

Jake Delhomme stats were brought down by 3 bad games.

Take out those 3 games and he had 16tds(2 of them rushing) and 4ints in the other 14 games.

Shows he was good for 14 games and bad for 3 games.

I'll take that.

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can:

That's incredibly incredibly stupid. You realize you can do the same thing for other quarterbacks to skew the results right?

Just because you don't want his poor games to count against him doesn't mean they magically never happened.

I'm going to post the number of TDs and picks each starting QB threw this season:

Delhomme: 16 TDs, 17 picks

Matt Ryan: 18 TDs, 13 picks

Brees: 34 TDs, 17 picks

Jeff Garcia: 12 TDs, 6 picks

Romo: 26 TDs, 14 picks

McNabb: 28 TDs, 15 picks

Campbell: 13 TDs, 6 picks

Eli Manning: 21 TDs, 12 picks

Warner: 38 TDs, 16 picks

Shaun Hill: 13 TDs, 8 picks

Seneca Wallace: 11 TDs, 3 picks

Bulger: 11 TDs, 13 picks

Orton: 18 TDs, 12 picks

Orlovsky: 8 TDs, 8 picks

T Jackson: 9 TDs, 3 picks

Rodgers: 28 TDs, 13 picks

Cassel: 21 TDs, 11 picks

Favre: 22 TDs, 22 picks

Trent Edwards: 11 TDs, 10 picks

Pennington: 20 TDs, 11 picks

Peyton Manning: 28 TDs, 12 picks

Schaub: 15 TDs, 10 picks

Garrard: 15 TDs, 13 picks

Collins: 12 TDs, 8 picks

Rivers: 37 TDs, 13 picks

Cutler: 25 TDs, 18 picks

Russell: 13 TDs, 8 picks

Thigpen: 18 TDs, 12 picks

Roethlisberger: 19 TDs, 15 picks

Flacco: 15 TDs, 15 picks

Fitzpatrick: 8 TDs, 9 picks

Anderson: 9 TDs, 8 picks

Congratulations Jake Delhomme! You joined Ryan Fitzpatrick and Marc Bulger as the only regular starting quarterbacks this season that threw more picks than touchdowns! Yet you still have people trying to use stats to show how accurate a passer you are! :D

Congraulations those stats include the playoffs, he did not have more int's than td's in the regular season and no one is arguing how bad he was in the playoffs this year.

Where are the stats for 4th quarter comebacks?

Doesn't matter because of how misleading they are, especially for the Panthers. I know at least two of Jake's miraculous 4th quarter comebacks this year were based off long hail mary type passes to Smith.

He should get the credit for those comebacks, not Jake. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dan Orlovsky could chuck the ball up for grabs too and probably have some success with Steve Smith as one of their receivers.

Archived