• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake----

Hammer

How about a deeper look at statistics.

How many of those interceptions were either:

a) in the red zone which stopped a scoring opportunity for a team

B) or deep in the opponent's territory that lead to a score.

3) how many multi-game interceptions or fumbles in each game

Statistics don't show the game impact when taken as a whole.

I have supported Delhomme, so this is not a 'bash Jake' reply by me.

The fact is he holds the ball too long, turns the ball over and throws into double-triple coverage when he could either throw the ball away, throw to a secondary receiver, take the sack, or god forbide just tuck it and run.

He does not make consistently good decisions.

I think he's a very good man and a team player so to say the things above is painful to me; but, in reality all the Panthers ask him to do is manage the game. Everytime he goes back to pass, and really its been this way for the past 3-4 years, everyone holds their breath waiting for the fumble in the pocket or the stupid throw into double or triple coverage, or an underthrown ball.

Again, as someone else posted this has been discussed many times before; nor do we need to look back at 2007. Other teams, (take NE) had a backup QB who had never started a game and their record was 11-5.

I see what you are saying but we were 12-4!!!!! so I don't think he cost us too many games

He gets intercepted once every 34 throws. He averages 25 attempts a game, which is a good bit less that 1 a game. Yes the others throw more than him, so here are some stats for you.

Delhomme 1 in 34

Brees 1 in 37

Romo 1 in 32

Warner 1 in 42

Cutler 1 in 34

Favre 1 in 23

Rothlisbergher 1 in 31

Bulger 1 in 33

Seem to be in line with the best qb's in the league and he just got off a possible career ending surgery that has never been done to anyone in the NFL ever.

How is this of any importance? Jake threw more picks than TDs this season. By anyone's definition, that's a failure.

How is this of any importance? Jake threw more picks than TDs this season. By anyone's definition, that's a failure.

And he's a fumbler too. Dude is too much of a liability. I know some of us want to hold on to guys forever, but a time comes when we have to upgrade. Everyone on this board knows I was a fan of Deshaun Foster when he was here in Carolina. I still have alot of respect for the guy for what he did for us in our playoff years. But the fact is, Deshaun became a liability and started putting the ball on the ground too much. He's gone now and we've upgraded the RB position which in turn led us to have one of the best RB tandems in the league. Well, Jake Delhomme is pretty much the same way. He's become a liability to this team and at his age is only going to get worse. What I wanna know is, why can we be honest about everyone on this team's performance and value to the team, but with Jake Delhomme we want to pour syrup on poo and tell people its pancakes? Why is it just set in stone that we just have to accept Jake no matter how shitty he plays? The fact is, this team existed before Jake Delhomme got here and will exist long after he's retired, eventually we will have to replace him and the longer we continue to put that off, the worse this franchise will be for it.

Exactly.

Looking further into the stats, you can show just how useless they really are -

Jake threw 1 INT out of every 34 passes, and Romo threw them 1/32.

But take this stat into account too: Delhomme also only threw 1 touchdown in every 27 attempts. Romo? 1 in every 17.

Exactly.

But take this stat into account too: Delhomme also only threw 1 touchdown in every 27 attempts. Romo? 1 in every 17.

Our running backs scored 30 TDs in the regular season. Jake didn't have to or need to throw in the red zone, because of the offensive philosophy of the team. So the TD pass stat in this instance is fairly irrelevant.

Exactly.

Because the Cowboys didn't have as good of a run game as us.

Jake isn't bad bud he is not go he is one of those few mediocre Quarterbacks in the NFL that get to start. I would put him in a category with these quarterbacks

Jake Delhomme (Panthers)

Jason Campbell (Redskins)

Trent Edwards (Bills)

Marc Bulger (Rams)

JaMarcus Russell (Raiders)

Kyle Orton (Bears)

David Garrard (Jaguars)

Shuan Hill (Started the most games for the 49ers this year)

Senaca Wallace (Started the most games for the Seahawks this year)

Tyler Thigpen (Started the most games for the Chiefs this year)

Dan Orlovsky (Started the most games for the Lions this year)

Gus Frerotte (Started the most games for the Vikings this year)

Ryan Fitzpatrick (Started the most games for the Bengals this year)

Derek Anderson (Started the most games for the Browns this year)

Know out of those 14 Quarterbacks only two of their respective teams made it to the playoffs. They were the Panthers, and the Vikings. These two teams have one great think in common. OUR RUNNING BACKS. Know I am not saying that the reason the Vikings made it to the playoffs was all because of Adrian Peterson and Chester Tayler, and I am not saying that the Panthers made it to the playoffs only because of Jonathan Stewart and Deangelo Williams. But I am saying if these two teams had better quarterbacks, then who knows maybe the Vikings or the Panthers would have been representing the NFC in the Super Bowl this year.

I'm going to post the number of TDs and picks each starting QB threw this season:

Delhomme: 16 TDs, 17 picks

Matt Ryan: 18 TDs, 13 picks

Brees: 34 TDs, 17 picks

Jeff Garcia: 12 TDs, 6 picks

Romo: 26 TDs, 14 picks

McNabb: 28 TDs, 15 picks

Campbell: 13 TDs, 6 picks

Eli Manning: 21 TDs, 12 picks

Warner: 38 TDs, 16 picks

Shaun Hill: 13 TDs, 8 picks

Seneca Wallace: 11 TDs, 3 picks

Bulger: 11 TDs, 13 picks

Orton: 18 TDs, 12 picks

Orlovsky: 8 TDs, 8 picks

T Jackson: 9 TDs, 3 picks

Rodgers: 28 TDs, 13 picks

Cassel: 21 TDs, 11 picks

Favre: 22 TDs, 22 picks

Trent Edwards: 11 TDs, 10 picks

Pennington: 20 TDs, 11 picks

Peyton Manning: 28 TDs, 12 picks

Schaub: 15 TDs, 10 picks

Garrard: 15 TDs, 13 picks

Collins: 12 TDs, 8 picks

Rivers: 37 TDs, 13 picks

Cutler: 25 TDs, 18 picks

Russell: 13 TDs, 8 picks

Thigpen: 18 TDs, 12 picks

Roethlisberger: 19 TDs, 15 picks

Flacco: 15 TDs, 15 picks

Fitzpatrick: 8 TDs, 9 picks

Anderson: 9 TDs, 8 picks

Congratulations Jake Delhomme! You joined Ryan Fitzpatrick and Marc Bulger as the only regular starting quarterbacks this season that threw more picks than touchdowns! Yet you still have people trying to use stats to show how accurate a passer you are! :D

jake isn't bad but he is not good either. He is one of those few mediocre quarterbacks in the nfl that get to start. I would put him in a category with these quarterbacks.

Jake delhomme (panthers)

jason campbell (redskins)

trent edwards (bills)

marc bulger (rams)

jamarcus russell (raiders)

kyle orton (bears)

david garrard (jaguars)

shuan hill (started the most games for the 49ers this year)

senaca wallace (started the most games for the seahawks this year)

tyler thigpen (started the most games for the chiefs this year)

dan orlovsky (started the most games for the lions this year)

gus frerotte (started the most games for the vikings this year)

ryan fitzpatrick (started the most games for the bengals this year)

derek anderson (started the most games for the browns this year)

now out of those 14 quarterbacks only two of their respective teams made it to the playoffs. They were the panthers, and the vikings. These two teams have one great thing in common. Our running backs. Now i am not saying that the reason the vikings made it to the playoffs was all because of adrian peterson and chester tayler, and i am not saying that the panthers made it to the playoffs only because of jonathan stewart and deangelo williams. But i am saying if these two teams had better quarterbacks, then who knows maybe the vikings or the panthers would have been representing the nfc in the super bowl this year.

all i got to say!

Archived