• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake----

Hammer

Does anyone not remember last yr after jake got hurt? would you rather have david carr throwing the ball to smitty?? Does'nt anyone remember

when chris weinke played like the whole friggen game and never threw a pass... Lay Off Jake it could be a helluva lot worse.... peace

Jake is an interception machine. And a fumbler. We need an upgrade.

An interception and fumbling machine? Look at some stats before you throw this garbage out there. Yes he had a poo load against the cardinals but it was one really bad game. During the regular season he had 12 interceptions, less than warner, brees, p manning, rogers, romo, cutler, garrard, favre, rothlisberger, bulger, and others that are tied with him. I guess those qb's really really suck then right. Look Jake is not a great qb and I don't think anyone will argue that but he is a good qb and there is not many qb's I would take over him. He has a great fire in him and truely cares about winning unlike many players in the nfl who just want their money. As far as fumbles, I can't find those stats but I don't remember him fumbling too often at all.

An interception and fumbling machine? Look at some stats before you throw this garbage out there. Yes he had a sh*t load against the cardinals but it was one really bad game. During the regular season he had 12 interceptions, less than warner, brees, p manning, rogers, romo, cutler, garrard, favre, rothlisberger, bulger, and others that are tied with him. I guess those qb's really really suck then right. Look Jake is not a great qb and I don't think anyone will argue that but he is a good qb and there is not many qb's I would take over him. He has a great fire in him and truely cares about winning unlike many players in the nfl who just want their money. As far as fumbles, I can't find those stats but I don't remember him fumbling too often at all.

He doesnt throw as much as they do.

He doesnt throw as much as they do.

He gets intercepted once every 34 throws. He averages 25 attempts a game, which is a good bit less that 1 a game. Yes the others throw more than him, so here are some stats for you.

Delhomme 1 in 34

Brees 1 in 37

Romo 1 in 32

Warner 1 in 42

Cutler 1 in 34

Favre 1 in 23

Rothlisbergher 1 in 31

Bulger 1 in 33

Seem to be in line with the best qb's in the league and he just got off a possible career ending surgery that has never been done to anyone in the NFL ever.

He gets intercepted once every 34 throws. He averages 25 attempts a game, which is a good bit less that 1 a game. Yes the others throw more than him, so here are some stats for you.

Delhomme 1 in 34

Brees 1 in 37

Romo 1 in 32

Warner 1 in 42

Cutler 1 in 34

Favre 1 in 23

Rothlisbergher 1 in 31

Bulger 1 in 33

Seem to be in line with the best qb's in the league and he just got off a possible career ending surgery that has never been done to anyone in the NFL ever.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people here didn't know that. good find

Delhomme 1 in 34

Brees 1 in 37

Romo 1 in 32

Warner 1 in 42

Cutler 1 in 34

Favre 1 in 23

Rothlisbergher 1 in 31

Bulger 1 in 33

Great research! Maybe a few of the knee jerk "Kill Jake" types will step back and think now? Naaaaaaaaaaaaah :idea:

Thinking is in short supply, sometimes.

Just to play devil's advocate, does naybody remember Matt Moore coming in and playing pretty well for an undrafted rookie that didn't go through training camp?

The fact is, Jake probably has a bit more competition this year. That's not to say Moore and McCown will play better than Testaverde and Carr, but I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Delhomme 1 in 34

Brees 1 in 37

Romo 1 in 32

Warner 1 in 42

Cutler 1 in 34

Favre 1 in 23

Rothlisbergher 1 in 31

Bulger 1 in 33

How about a deeper look at statistics.

How many of those interceptions were either:

a) in the red zone which stopped a scoring opportunity for a team

B) or deep in the opponent's territory that lead to a score.

3) how many multi-game interceptions or fumbles in each game

Statistics don't show the game impact when taken as a whole.

I have supported Delhomme, so this is not a 'bash Jake' reply by me.

The fact is he holds the ball too long, turns the ball over and throws into double-triple coverage when he could either throw the ball away, throw to a secondary receiver, take the sack, or god forbide just tuck it and run.

He does not make consistently good decisions.

I think he's a very good man and a team player so to say the things above is painful to me; but, in reality all the Panthers ask him to do is manage the game. Everytime he goes back to pass, and really its been this way for the past 3-4 years, everyone holds their breath waiting for the fumble in the pocket or the stupid throw into double or triple coverage, or an underthrown ball.

Again, as someone else posted this has been discussed many times before; nor do we need to look back at 2007. Other teams, (take NE) had a backup QB who had never started a game and their record was 11-5.

Archived