• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First topic: Why draft Luck?!?!

barryjevon

Ive been a Panthers fan since 1993, when it was annouced that Carolina would get an NFL team. This team has some many needs on both the offense and defense..and I cant wait until the offseason..when we will get a new coaching staff. John Fox and his crew (except for Meeks)should have been fired years ago..

This team will gurantee have the 1st-3rd pick overall in the 2011 draft. But why waste a another year and a another pick on Luck!! Last year Carolina spent 3 picks on QB's(Clausen, Pike and Edwards) and now the fans want to spend possible the first overall pick on another QB..

Give Clausen time to develop...do you think Manning, Farve and Brady had Pro Bowl years their rookie season, NO.. The kid is only a Rookie... if Brady started on this team..they would still be a below .500 team

Steve Smith needs help...and thats been a known fact since 2003.. there has never been a second receiver that was consider a threat in Carolina..even Muhammad was average..

If Carolina finish the season 3-13.. they should draft AJ Greene....if they finished 1-15 trade down..for a 1st and 2nd round pick..draft AJ Greene.. and if they still need a QB. you will still have a chance at Mallet, Locker and Newton.(Oh he is not NFL ready, check out the game vs Alabama)

In closing..I cant wait for the offseason, to put this season behind us... Give Clausen at chance to grow.dont go off one season. (Atlanta had the same mistake with Farve) and draft Greene.

I'm glad you've been a fan since the beginning.

We spent 3 ill-advised picks on QBs. Jimmy Clausen is not the answer to our team and is not a franchise QB.

The reason everyone wants Luck is because he is too good a player to pass on. If we took AJ Green over Luck we would be the laughing stock for the rest of the NFL for 5 more seasons.

I'm glad you've been a fan since the beginning.

We spent 3 ill-advised picks on QBs. Jimmy Clausen is not the answer to our team and is not a franchise QB.

The reason everyone wants Luck is because he is too good a player to pass on. If we took AJ Green over Luck we would be the laughing stock for the rest of the NFL for 5 more seasons.

Like Bowie over Jordan? We would be laughed at forever by everybody.

Clausen has thrown ONE TOUCHDOWN! Does nobody else see this?? He has a 1:5 TD to INT ratio. I wanted Clausen to be good, I really did but look at a guy like Mark Sanchez who played on a similar team last year. He led his team to 9 wins and threw 12 TDs. Clausen would have to throw 2 TDs a game for the next 5 games in order to equal a year like that. IF he did that then we wouldn't draft Luck because it would mean Clausen has made improvements AND we'd also have a couple more wins.

However...if you end up with the #1 pick and your starting QB has only gotten you 1 win and extremely pedestrian (even poor) QB statistics then you draft a freaking QB.

THAT is why you draft Andrew Luck.

Luck is BPA in the draft, hands down, no contest.

If you have the #1 pick, you always go with the best player available, hands down, no contest.

Clausen has been put in a bad situation which is actually good for us meaning he still has trade value.

Draft Luck, sign a veteran QB as the #2, Pike is #3 and trade Clausen for perhaps a 3rd round pick. Yeah, I cringe a little when I think of that I (meaning our 1st picks in the past two drafts are looking horrible) but if Luck is as safe of a bet as the early draft experts think, you do not pass on him.

Luck is BPA in the draft, hands down, no contest.

If you have the #1 pick, you always go with the best player available, hands down, no contest.

Clausen has been put in a bad situation which is actually good for us meaning he still has trade value.

Draft Luck, sign a veteran QB as the #2, Pike is #3 and trade Clausen for perhaps a 3rd round pick. Yeah, I cringe a little when I think of that I (meaning our 1st picks in the past two drafts are looking horrible) but if Luck is as safe of a bet as the early draft experts think, you do not pass on him.

clausen could be packaged with a 6th rounder or something and get us back in the 2nd.

Its going to be a question until the end of the season. I guess we only have a few weeks until we know whether or not he is coming out. His season is almost done (other than a bowl game) and so by the beginning of January we will know if he is going to be the #1 pick.

The Panthers would be CHASTISED by everyone in the NFL if they did not pick Andrew Luck with the first pick. I truly feel that it would go down as one of the worst decisions in NFL draft history if the Carolina Panthers passed on Andrew Luck. This is not an extremely talented draft AT ALL. IMO you have 3 players that are immediate impact players for bad teams (AJ Green, Luck, and Peterson). Bowers is a question mark IMO because he has only done it for one season. Granted he has had a phenomenal season...

This team will gurantee have the 1st-3rd pick overall in the 2011 draft. But why waste a another year and a another pick on Luck!! Last year Carolina spent 3 picks on QB's(Clausen, Pike and Edwards) and now the fans want to spend possible the first overall pick on another QB..

If Carolina finish the season 3-13.. they should draft AJ Greene....if they finished 1-15 trade down..for a 1st and 2nd round pick..draft AJ Greene.. and if they still need a QB. you will still have a chance at Mallet, Locker and Newton.(Oh he is not NFL ready, check out the game vs Alabama)

Don't contradict yourself....

AJ? Panthers have 3 rookie WR on their roster right now!

Archived