• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Move this thread if you want

TheRealDeal

But for all the HC speculation there has been about whether Harbough is going to leave after this season, I have it on good authority that he is gone after this season to the NFL. I've even heard that he's told his players he will be leaving as well so that probably means Luck is out as well.

It'd make sense.

He accepted an offer to interview last year (Jets) so there's plenty of reason to believe he wants to be an NFL coach. Given his success this season, the timing could be right.

Is there precedent for anything even close to that (coach picking former player #1 in the draft) before? I know the rumors about Caroll giving anyone from USC a chance, but other than that...

It does make me a bit uneasy to be honest, but if Luck is any good I'll forget about it quickly enough.

Is there precedent for anything even close to that (coach picking former player #1 in the draft) before? I know the rumors about Caroll giving anyone from USC a chance, but other than that...

It does make me a bit uneasy to be honest, but if Luck is any good I'll forget about it quickly enough.

I can't recall an instance of a coach and QB rising to the NFL for the same team at the same time.

It may have happened, but not at any time I can recall. If so, it was probably a long time ago.

If we get the #1 pick and hire Harbaugh, expect ESPN's research department to get right on that question.

I wonder if Harbaugh's comments indicate that he has already had a job offer, or just letting his players know he will be going after one. There's no way he had any real contact during the season already for a job offer is there? I know that's a big no no between pro teams but I don't know the situation with colleges. I don't know enough about this stuff, heh.

I wonder if Harbaugh's comments indicate that he has already had a job offer, or just letting his players know he will be going after one. There's no way he had any real contact during the season already for a job offer is there? I know that's a big no no between pro teams but I don't know the situation with colleges. I don't know enough about this stuff, heh.

It'd be tampering if anyone contacted him early.

I doubt he has a job already but I think he is smart enough to know he'll have offers, whether it be near Stanford or not. It might not even be a HC job that he takes in the NFL. I can't remember a time when a QB/HC combo came out together to the same team.

The only way I see us landing Harbough is if he truly believes all the things he says about Luck and we guarantee that we will draft Luck. Otherwise there are more attractive offers for him in my opinion.

I still don't have my mind made up like others do that Harbough/Luck are best for us anyway.

Archived