• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Move this thread if you want

TheRealDeal

I'm mostly curious what this means for us, if true.. I see us as being a decent destination, but there are going to be quite a few job openings, and one very close to home. He may already have an idea of where he is going.

Michigan was supposedly going to be going after him if they fired RRod too. This seems to directly state he's going to the NFL - Not just leaving Stanford.

I'm mostly curious what this means for us, if true.. I see us as being a decent destination, but there are going to be quite a few job openings, and one very close to home. He may already have an idea of where he is going.

Michigan was supposedly going to be going after him if they fired RRod too. This seems to directly state he's going to the NFL - Not just leaving Stanford.

I don't know why he would leave a contender in Standford to go rebuild a program and possibly diminish his value if he did decide to go to the NFL later. I understand he's an alum but still.

Stanford's only loss is to the best team in the country and you could make a case that if they played again Stanford would win.

If he does decide to go to the NFL, San Fran will be throwing a lot of money at him imo

What I do know is that he has been telling his staff that he is planning on staying until he wins a championship with Stanford but that may also just be typical vernacular for a guy in his situation

The 49ers are a team I expect to make a big push and possibly land him. I also think Cincy could, because they have a decent offense.

There's a lot of football left to be played, and a lot of possible coaching moves still could be made. He's by no means a shoe-in here, but I am a bit more hopeful with this information that we at least have a shot.

If it also suggests Luck is coming out, that's a good thing.

I don't know why he would leave a contender in Standford to go rebuild a program and possibly diminish his value if he did decide to go to the NFL later. I understand he's an alum but still.

Stanford's only loss is to the best team in the country and you could make a case that if they played again Stanford would win.

Michigan can have a strong pull for it's guys. Plus, money and all, if he didn't think he'd get what he wanted in the NFL right now.

Archived