• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you consider this a good game from Jimmy

TheRealDeal

Oh yeah and comparing Clausen to Bradford is ignorant on so many levels.

1. I would expect the #1 overall pick to perform better.

2. Different team. Better team at that. The Panthers are playing hard but we a very bad football team.

3. Using stats purely as a basis for a comparison is armchair quarterbacking at it's finest.

In the end Clausen is a C student and if he continues to play at his current level he shouldn't be the clear cut starter.

But Sam Bradford has absolutely nothing to do with Jimmy Clausen.

Today was the first game I really wanted to use to judge Clausen against his NFL peers. The run game was clicking and he had healthy recievers.

Oh yeah and comparing Clausen to Bradford is ignorant on so many levels.

1. I would expect the #1 overall pick to perform better.

2. Different team. Better team at that. The Panthers are playing hard but we a very bad football team.

3. Using stats purely as a basis for a comparison is armchair quarterbacking at it's finest.

In the end Clausen is a C student and if he continues to play at his current level he shouldn't be the clear cut starter.

But Sam Bradford has absolutely nothing to do with Jimmy Clausen.

Contradiction much? It's not so much a comparison of the two but really the expectations of the two. People said Jimmy played a "good" game. I don't see how that's possible.

The impression I'm getting is we can't compare Jimmy to anyone because he is in his own category.

You can compare him all you want, but what does that comparison tell you? Clausen hasn't looked good? Ok, but really, what about our offense has for more than a couple games?

I mean, I'm all for objectively analyzing Clausen, which includes viewing him in the context of the league, but it also matters in the context of the team.

Clausen showed some improvement this week - just as in last week - but it wasn't enough to win us a game. I want a QB who wins us games. I do think he has the best chance of the QBs on the roster to do that, but yeah... I'm still on the Luck bandwagon, and I think his game today wasn't bad (though the good part about it was his improvements relative to earlier games, not his play relative to Bradfords :P)

You can compare him all you want, but what does that comparison tell you? Clausen hasn't looked good? Ok, but really, what about our offense has for more than a couple games?

I mean, I'm all for objectively analyzing Clausen, which includes viewing him in the context of the league, but it also matters in the context of the team.

Clausen showed some improvement this week - just as in last week - but it wasn't enough to win us a game. I want a QB who wins us games. I do think he has the best chance of the QBs on the roster to do that, but yeah... I'm still on the Luck bandwagon, and I think his game today wasn't bad (though the good part about it was his improvements relative to earlier games, not his play relative to Bradfords :P)

No doubt it wasn't bad, but many have said it was good which it wasn't. He's obviously the best QB on the roster and should play the rest of the season. This does not mean we have to sugarcoat his performances though, that's all.

After all this, I'm still not sure Luck is our guy.

You said you weren't sure if Luck was "our guy," so whatever you meant by that and who you thought was if not him. Did you mean you had another QB in mind or just not sold on us drafting him or what?

I honestly don't watch enough college football to really objectively compare guys.

Playing semantics is the dumbest thing ever.

But Bradford is doing everything you want a rookie to do. He is showing enough promise that you may think he could be elite.

Clausen is showing development. Finally. Doing just about the minimum at this point with several excuses

1) The game plan is keeping him in check

2) Our team sucks

I don't know who is saying he had a good game but I'm sure it is in some context

You said you weren't sure if Luck was "our guy," so whatever you meant by that and who you thought was if not him. Did you mean you had another QB in mind or just not sold on us drafting him or what?

I honestly don't watch enough college football to really objectively compare guys.

Meaning I'm not sure if they keep the #1 overall pick (whether it be via trade or wins) and draft Luck. It depends too much on the coach, whether Hurney allows it/is here, and so on.

My prediction?

Clausen/Moore/Vet/Non-Luck Rookie are in camp. From there it's anyones guess.

Contradiction much? It's not so much a comparison of the two but really the expectations of the two. People said Jimmy played a "good" game. I don't see how that's possible.

The impression I'm getting is we can't compare Jimmy to anyone because he is in his own category.

I mean directly comparing two players is ignorant. Especially using just stats.

Sam Bradford has absolutely nothing to down with Clausen's performance today.

This is the first game that I felt Clausen had a chance to show he can play at an NFL level. As in he could he fit the mold of a franchise QB and he didn't. But I'm not going to use some fantasy numbers from another QB to form an opinion on that. You shouldn't need the stats from another qb to know a pass is under thrown or that he should have seen an open receiver. It's asinine.

I mean directly comparing two players is ignorant. Especially using just stats.

Sam Bradford has absolutely nothing to down with Clausen's performance today.

This is the first game that I felt Clausen had a chance to show he can play at an NFL level. As in he could he fit the mold of a franchise QB and he didn't. But I'm not going to use some fantasy numbers from another QB to form an opinion on that. You shouldn't need the stats from another qb to know a pass is under thrown or that he should have seen an open receiver. It's asinine.

I've been saying things like that since he got here, but people always have excuses for him. Just trying a different approach.

Archived