• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you consider this a good game from Jimmy

TheRealDeal

Would you consider Andrew Luck's game irrelevant if he does the same thing as Bradford and we pass on him? Get over your man crush on Clausen because Andrew Luck is going to be the pick if he declares.

Quit making assumptions.

I don't have a man crush on Clausen, just making a logical observation that he played better today. I support whomever is playing QB for the panthers, and I have generally avoided most of the silly QB argument threads, whether its Moore versus Delhomme, Moore vs Clausen, Clausen vs Pike/Edwards, Pike vs St. Pierre etc. The OP was trying to make a sarcastic comment regarding how Clausen sucks since he doesn't look as good as Bradford. IMO, how Bradford plays is completely irrelevant because Bradford is playing under a different system, with different receivers on a different team.

Might as well compare Clausen to Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, or Terry Bradshaw.

And fwiw, Luck looks great, going up against some relatively weak competition. I would prefer to see how he looks against NFL level talent before comparing him to Clausen or any other QB who has actually played in the NFL.

I don't have a man crush on Clausen, just making a logical observation that he played better today.

Might as well compare Clausen to Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, or Terry Bradshaw.

If you think he played better and not good then this thread isn't for you, saying he played better is a whole different argument.

There are people claiming he had a good game. Not a better game. A good game.

My question was simple. The point of my question was to gauge expectations. Are we in a league of our own when it comes to expectations regarding QB play or not?

Also, it's not like comparing him to any of those three. Bradford and Clausen are both rookies and it was debatable who would be taken first predraft. Many would argue that Clausen has more weapons on this team than Bradford does so it's not like he's playing with a bunch of clowns. Comparison isn't that far off.

Quit making assumptions.

I don't have a man crush on Clausen, just making a logical observation that he played better today. I support whomever is playing QB for the panthers, and I have generally avoided most of the silly QB argument threads, whether its Moore versus Delhomme, Moore vs Clausen, Clausen vs Pike/Edwards, Pike vs St. Pierre etc. The OP was trying to make a sarcastic comment regarding how Clausen sucks since he doesn't look as good as Bradford. IMO, how Bradford plays is completely irrelevant because Bradford is playing under a different system, with different receivers on a different team.

And fwiw, Luck looks great, going up against some relatively weak competition. I would prefer to see how he looks against NFL level talent before comparing him to Clausen.

I think everybody but Unicar understood what you were saying. He's just mad that his wolfpack choked yesterday.

FTR, I'm not so sure Clausen wouldn't look as good as Bradford if he had the benefit of playing in an offense where he could throw quick, short, safe passes like Bradford does about 70% of the time.

A. Rams seem to have restyled their offense to better fit Bradford's strengths.

B. His Oline has been beastly this season compared to the Panthers and compared to how most of the Rams Oline played last season.

C. I don't see Rams HC/OC calling many run plays when they're at 3rd and 10+.

For what it is though, Bradford played very well. I wouldn't compare him to Clausen though. The situations are different.

FTR, I'm not so sure Clausen wouldn't look as good as Bradford if he had the benefit of playing in an offense where he could throw quick, short, safe passes like Bradford does about 70% of the time.

If he doesn't throw quick, short, safe passes 70% of the time now, I'd hate to see what our offense looks like when he does that?

Do you consider the passes he threw this game to be deep, risky passes? His RB was his leading receiver. They may not be designed (debatable) but he throws mostly short, quick, safe passes with half the accuracy of Sam and half the YPA.

If he doesn't throw quick, short, safe passes 70% of the time now, I'd hate to see what our offense looks like when he does that?

Do you consider the passes he threw this game to be deep, risky passes? His RB was his leading receiver. They may not be designed (debatable) but he throws mostly short, quick, safe passes with half the accuracy of Sam and half the YPA.

Even most of Davidson's short routes are slow developing plays for some reason. This offense sucks no matter who the QB is.

Just look at how quickly Delhomme was getting the ball out today. In our offense he was constantly running play actions with s-l-o-w developing routes on the other end.

Did you watch the game against the Rams? Do you not see the difference in playcalling? We had a few designed short passes but yes, a lot of Clausen's checkdowns were checkdowns, since our receivers were covered

Exactly. Bradford's short passes are designed plays, therefore, the ball comes out quick and the receivers have a good chance to get YAC's, while Jimmy is reading long to short, so his are almost all checkdowns that take longer to run. Hence my reasoning that Bradford is being put in a position to succeed and Jimmy is not.

Today was the first game I really wanted to use to judge Clausen against his NFL peers. The run game was clicking and he had healthy recievers.

I listened on the radio and right now it seems like he is not pushing the ball down the field enough. His playing too timid to be an NFL starter.

He is too inconsistent to be considered "the guy" right now. Whoever is in charge will have no choice but to bring in a possible franchise guy whether it's Andrew Luck or a veteran.

I want Clausen to succeed but he doesn't have any excuses anymore. Anybody saying he sucks is being far too hasty and ignorant. But he needs to start taking some strides instead of baby steps.

Archived