• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question about concussions...

TheRealDeal

I tend to agree wth RealDeal on this one...remember Dan Morgan? IMO, the league should mandate that a concussed player sit for at least a game. BTW, this is the same league that fines and suspends players for helmet to helmet contact..right? The Panthers aren't worried about a concussed player, so why should the NFL be concerned?

"I do not think he was forced to in order to keep his job, I think he honestly wanted to get out there and play for the team. if he was pressured... heh... well without proof speculation is worthless."

"...remember Dan Morgan? IMO, the league should mandate that a concussed player sit for at least a game. BTW, this is the same league that fines and suspends players for helmet to helmet contact..right? The Panthers aren't worried about a concussed player, so why should the NFL be concerned?"

This was my point with regard to the new policy- it is no longer up to the team or the player to decide when he is ready to play. The team and independent physicians must test and re-test during the course of the practice week and, from what I'm reading, the team has little to say in the matter if the independent doc's tests don't pass, the guy sits. All of these test results go to the league office and the league is trying to make this whole business as transparent as possible simply because of what went on in the past (Dan Morgan, for one).

Archived